Friday 20 January 2017

Dream 759

'Toilet Paper Supplies'
Date: 17 January 2017
Time: 06:45 - 12:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Dream fragments
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Evening
I woke up in my own bed in my flat in Norwich. This was not a false awakening - it was perhaps a dream-within-a-dream, although I cannot say for sure. I got out of bed. The light in my room was on. The room was largely similar to how it should be in real life, with some differences - there was a large map of the wall above my desk and the small cupboards next to my desk were not there, just wall space. 

I was aware someone was trying to enter my ground-floor flat by the window (climbing through onto my desk). This did not worry me as much as it should. I stood beside the desk and opened the curtains, to see that it was one of the University Security Officers (DD1), an older white man. He said to me: 'This is a drug's bust!' I was not worried.

I then saw a hole in my wall beside the desk, with a bare foot coming through, as if the hole had been kicked in. I was aware that on the other side of this wall was my housemate SC's room (in real life, his room is on the other side of the wall against which my bed is). I poked the foot, thinking it was SC's - and hoping that this would make him stop putting it through to my side of the wall. From the other side of the wall SC told me that the foot belonged to his girlfriend, ML. I saw that it was a small female foot and I apologised. 

Scene 2: My Bathroom, Norwich - Day
I was then in my bathroom with SC - it was day because there was a small window above the toilet (which is not there in real life and would not be possible as this wall is joined to the kitchen of the flat next door, not an exterior wall). We were discussing the need to purchase more toilet paper. SC told me that 'an extra roll had been left' because 'DT (our boss) knew I would be staying for an extra day'. In the dream this made sense to me. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • My bedroom and bathroom had a changed appearance
  • The Security Officer climbed through my bedroom window to do a drugs bust
  • ML kicked a hole in my wall

Day Residue
  • Over the Christmas vacation at University, DD1 came round to my house to borrow a kettle of hot water, as a student had shit on the floor/wall of the foyer of the Bed & Breakfast facilities next door. He had joked: 'This is a drugs bust!' when I answered the door (my colleagues know my sense of humour well!)
  • I recently posted an old image (from my previous accommodation on campus) from an incident where a badly repaired wall had been 'kicked in' accidentally by my foot while sleeping (it was a hollow plug socket, which had not been filled in before being plastered over, leaving it extremely weak - see image below). When some Maintenance workers came to my flat to install a new oven we had joked about the photo, as the Accommodation Office had initially told me that it was intentional damage which I would have to pay for, before Maintenance attended and confirmed that it was not at all my fault, but rather the result of very shoddy workmanship
  • On the day of this dream I had checked to see if I needed to restock on toilet paper, but found our cleaner had left us 2 packs

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment - it seems to be drea fragments based solely on Day Residue and actual real life experiences.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment