Tuesday 3 January 2017

Dreams 746 - 749

I haven't updated my Blog in a while due to it being the festive season, meaning I was more busy than usual. I have decided to make a single post with all my outstanding dreams recorded on it, then I will return to my usual 1 dream per post routine.

Dream 746

'Bad Father'
Date: 26 December 2016
Time: 00:30 - 09:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Sheringham, Day
I was pregnant - wearing a very thick, knitted grey dress. I was aware that the father of the baby was SW (a friend from Sheringham), but he was denying it. I was annoyed and went to see him at his place of work (a shop in the High Street), planning to argue with him. 

I cannot recall what happened after that, but the baby was now born and was a boy. SW was still denying he was the father, but everyone else (I cannot recall who these dream characters were) accepted that I was telling the truth. I went to SW's workplace again, but he was refusing to discuss the issue with me, leaving me really frustrated and angry. 

There was a male dream character called 'Dashiel' or 'Dashielle' - he may have been my son, older now (a child), but I cannot recall.

Scene 2: A Canteen - Time Unknown
I was then in a food canteen with a number of dream characters. There was some discussion which I cannot recall. In the canteen, which was mainly white in colour, there was a large glass hot cabinet in which platters of huge, marinated king prawns were placed for guests to help themselves. I started eating the prawns which were delicious - and in a sticky orange, spicy marinade. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Becoming a mother
  • Sheringham as a dream scene location

Dreamsigns: 
  • I must have had sex with SW

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had been talking about SW with my Mum
  • 2 days before this dream I had gone into SW's workplace with my Mum and Nan (while in Sheringham)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seems to be based on Day Residue rather than my Dream Incubation Experiment. I have forgotten many aspects of this dream as my notes were quite vague (keywords) and there was a lapse of time between the dream and recording it.


Dream 747

'Everyone Abandons Me'
Date: 29 December 2016
Time: 23:00 - 07:40 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
PS and DL were a composite dream character. During the dream I at first thought it was 1 of them, then the other - and their identities were alternating, but on reflection, there were clues that the male in the dream was made up of both. PSDL was standing topless in a room in front of an open wardrobe/closet (I think it was a bedroom of an unfamiliar house, which felt like my home in the dream). He was telling me that he was never going to talk to me or see me again and I was angry and questioning why. 

I then found out that R3A had deleted me from Facebook and was never going to speak to me ever again, which made me angry and frustrated for a second time in the same dream. I was aware that there was 1 particular female who was responsible for turning all my exes/male friends against me. In the dream, this female was a blonde-haired dream character who was also quite fat. I was trying to find a way of contacting R3A, but there was no way. I felt sad.

Someone (a male dream character, I cannot recall who) then showed me a message from him on a phone - it was written in binary, so was something like this: '00011000 0010011110011 1101101 100010110110110111101'. I said: 'Oh it's in Doodlebug'. In the dream, 'doodlebug' meant binary - and the dream character who had showed me the message on their phone (an old Nokia) knew what I was talking about. I cannot recall what the message from R3A said, but I could actually read it in the dream.

I then realised that my former housemate, SH, was responsible for turning the men in my life against me. I found her standing against a bar in a pub; pinned her down on the ground forcefully without saying anything to her; and shot her in the face/neck with a tiny (about the size of a lighter) gun (a .22 type revolver). This made me feel victorious and happy.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Being abandoned by men
  • PS & R3A as dream characters
  • Feeling of anger and frustration

Dreamsigns: 
  • PS & DL were a composite dream character
  • A female was turning all the men in my life against me
  • I could read binary (or 'doodlebug')
  • I shot my former housemate with a miniature gun

Day Residue: 
  • My Nan asked me about PS a few days before this dream

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seems to be based on Day Residue rather than my Dream Incubation Experiment. I have forgotten many aspects of this dream, but what seems clear is the fact that I am worried about being abandoned by those closest to me - who happen to be male. I am already no longer in contact with PS - and it seems I fear losing contact with DL and R3A as well. This dream, like the one immediately preceding it, was characterised by feelings of anger and frustration. I do not feel angry or frustrated in my waking reality.


Dream 748

'A Terrible Loss'
Date: 30 December 2016
Time: 23:45 - 13:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I found out - via contact with PS - that N the Dog was dead. I did not find out immediately - PS told me some time after it happened. I was so annoyed that he bothered to tell me this after a very long time of no contact. I thought he should have not contacted me with the sad news and save me from being upset. I saw some kind of update online about N - although PS had referred to him with an incorrect (yet similar) name on the post, which I was reading on a large computer screen. It seemed to be some kind of invitation. I think the fact N died was communicated to me via the internet/phone, but then I became aware that PS was actually in the same room as me - and I could see the computer was there, with the invitation post by PS still on the screen at the same time. I think we were in a bedroom, but I cannot be sure as I did not recall the particular furniture/decor. It was definitely a domestic interior, however and it was at this point I became aware that I was inside a house specifically. 

PS then said he wanted to get back together with me. I was annoyed that he waited until N had died to say this - because that meant I had not been able to see him for many years. PS was saying that he had been in another relationship and now that was over, he was single. This did not make me happy. 

I was then drinking some orange juice from a carton. It tasted delicious. When I was finished, I opened the carton up fully, to see inside. I started eating some orange mush which was collected in the bottom - this tasted like orange too. As I poked around in the bottom with the straw I had used to drink the juice, I realised this 'mush' was pureed parsnip, brussel sprouts and empty sweet wrappers. Realising this made me feel sick.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • PS as a dream character
  • A sad dream about N the Dog

Dreamsigns: 
  • PS wanted to get back together with me
  • The items in the bottom of the orange juice carton

Day Residue: 
  • My Nan asked me about PS a few days before this dream
  • I miss N the Dog every day
  • I had decided I would drink vodka and orange juice on New Years Eve

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seems to be based on Day Residue rather than my Dream Incubation Experiment. I think that it is likely however that I do wish to subconsciously see both PS and N the Dog again.


Dream 749

'Hip Hop PhDs & Brexit'
Date: 1 January 2017
Time: 23:00 - 09:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Bedroom), Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I decided that I wanted to change my PhD topic at the last moment, despite having worked on it for many years. I decided that I wanted to do a study on hip hop MCs and Nike trainers, so embarked upon a field study, which led to me being in a house with a rapper, interviewing him. He was a dream character - a black male in his 20s, named 'MC Sewell'. I was happy that I had managed to successfully change my PhD.

I was then talking to MC Sewell's friend - a white male, also in his 20s who had a twisted ankle. He was sitting on the sofa next to MC Sewell, crying in pain. I told him that because of Brexit, he would not be able to 'see a Strasbourg (i.e. European Court of Human Rights) doctor' to fix his ankle problem and would have to suffer with it. I was hoping that by mentioning this we might be able to stop Brexit. 

I was then drinking a number (at least 5 - 10) cartons of chicken broth/soup through a straw. It tasted really delicious and I could not get enough. After finishing each carton of broth/soup, I was lining the empty containers up in a row on MC Sewell's bed.

There was then some interaction with my Mum's friend, CC - I cannot recall what happened, but it took place in a long, winding corridor of a building - maybe the same building where the rest of the dream seemed to occur.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education
  • Liquid in a carton

Dreamsigns: 
  • I changed my PhD thesis
  • Brexit/European Court of Human Rights was linked to medical care in the dream

Day Residue: 
  • I had been working on some hip hop/slam poetry lyrics/verses and have decided to record it soon, as a combination between a music track and some spoken word poetry
  • The day before this dream I had discussed both the implication of Brexit and repealing the Human Rights Act 1998/introducing a UK Bill of Rights on my PhD and also the process of taking a case to the ECtHR (Strasbourg) both pre-HRA and in the event the Act is repealed
  • I have heard a lot about a rapper, Danny Brown recently - I just found out (by Googling 'MC Sewell' having never consciously heard this name before) that he is in fact named 'Daniel Sewell'

Waking Reactions: 
I consciously wish that the UK was not going to leave the European Union or repeal the Human Rights Act 1998, so in this respect, the dream did reflect something my heart (and head) desires. I also would love to do another PhD - perhaps on hip hop culture! 

I think I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. but if I recall them later, I will record them below. I think my memory of this dream included further dream scenes which I did in fact remember when I first woke up, before I was able to make notes.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


No comments:

Post a Comment