Monday 9 January 2017

Dream 754

'Charity Work & House Parties with Bae'
Date: 9 January 2017
Time: 07:00 - 15:00 (I woke up from this dream due to my phone ringing)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Guesthouse (in Norfolk) - Day
I was in some kind of guesthouse getting ready for a house party. There were a number of other dream character guests there, one of whom I was very excited to see was Ewan McGregor. Ewan did not seem to be interested in me at all - he was very cool and aloof. I wished that his room in the guesthouse was closer to my own (his was round a corner of the corridor/hallways, which was dimly-lit with a yellow light). I wanted to see if I could arrange for him to have the adjoining room to mine. The beds in each room were bunkbeds, but I cannot recall any other furniture/features of the rooms. The party was due to start at night, so I decided that I would get involved in some charity work beforehand, so I had something to talk to Ewan about, and hopefully impress him with my compassion.

I went into a different room, which reminded me of my Nan's livingroom. I was sorting through my makeup collection, with the aim of donating it to some orphans who were in a local children's home just around the corner. I separated out the best cosmetics to keep for myself - this included a large palette of gold and bronze glitter eyeshadows. 

I then made a number of hotdogs - in round burger buns instead of the ones you would use for hotdogs. I made about 6 of these and wrapped them in tinfoil (aluminium foil) and then went to deliver them to the orphans at the children's home, along with the items of makeup. The children's home looked like a regular suburban house with a gate and a front garden with a path and some bushes. The door was answered by the manager, who was a middle-aged white woman. I stood at the front door and spoke to her (I cannot recall what was said) and she accepted the donated items from me. It seemed like it was dusk as it was getting darker and it had been raining.

I returned to the guesthouse, where Ewan and the other dream characters were sitting in a lounge area, having drinks. I joined them and waited for Ewan to pay me some attention, but he wasn't really talking to anyone, just sitting there, lost in his own thoughts, drinking a clear drink. I thought that once the party started and he got drunk (Ewan is a former alcoholic, so I am not sure if he drinks alcohol or not anymore) he might loosen up and I could then engage with him. It felt like I was 'playing the long game'. 

I went into my bedroom for a moment and was followed by 2 dream character guests (I cannot recall who they were). We started discussing how Norfolk (the county I live in, which was also the county in which we were located in the dream) had separated itself from the rest of the UK and built a huge gasworks. The Norfolk council (local government) was now going to enter into negotiations with terrorists. This worried me and I wondered what would happen. This scene continued for a while, but I cannot recall much about it.

Scene 2: A City High Street - Day
I then found myself standing beside a bench in the middle of a pedestrianised area of a city - it was not my local city, it just looked like a very generic shopping high street in the UK. It was a very sunny day - so markedly different from the earlier scene which seemed to transition into dusk. From an incredibly short distance from the concrete ground, I dropped my mobile phone. It must have been only a couple of centimetres, but I was dismayed to find that my phone screen shattered. I then noticed I was with about 3 - 4 dream characters, including an old school friend from my local area, CW (one of a set of twins, now a police officer). I asked how much it would cost to fix my phone, because I wanted this to be done immediately. None of the dream characters knew. I wanted to replace the glass screen and wondered how I could do this. No-one had answers for me. I then asked how long a mobile phone contract ran for, before you could upgrade a phone for free. CW said: '24 months' just as I was hoping she would say '12 months' (which is roughly the period of time I have had this phone contract). I was not happy to hear this. The other dream characters present confirmed this. 

There was some kind of shift in the dream - I was back at the guesthouse and was preparing more hotdog-burgers to deliver to the orphans in the children's home. I could see I was in the kitchen of the guesthouse, which looked like a commercial kitchen and another dream character who worked there (another middle-aged white woman) was standing beside me, talking to me.

There was another shift and I was back in the city centre - in exactly the same scenario as described at the start of this scene. Basically, this dream scene was repeating itself, replaying. I dropped my phone and was relieved to see the screen did not break this time. I was aware I had already experienced this scene a short while before, with a different outcome, but was not lucid (i.e. consciously aware this was taking place in a dream).

I then found myself back at the guesthouse, aware that some time had passed. I felt very tired from all of my charitable endeavours involving the orphaned children and just wanted to relax and talk to Ewan.

I think there may have been more scenes/details involved in this dream. as it seemed to last for a very long time. However, because I was woken up by my phone ringing. I might have forgotten some of the details. If I recall anything else, I will record it below, in the usual way.

Extra Information: 
  • I took 100mg of Vitamin B6 several hours before I went to bed

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Ewan McGregor as a dream character staying in the same location as me
  • A gathering/party
  • A broken electronic device

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was going to attend a house party with Ewan McGregor
  • Norfolk (a county) was in negotiations with terrorists
  • A scene repeated itself with a different outcome
  • Day turned to dusk and then back to day and the weather went from rainy to sunny

Day Residue
  • On the day of this dream I had been thinking about Ewan McGregor after seeing some pictures of him online - he is involved in charity/humanitarian work with UNICEF UK, and specifically in relation to children. On the day of this dream I had mentioned to a Facebook friend about how I have tweeted Ewan with my dreams in which he appears, but instead of telling him about how sexy I think he is, I should have mentioned (at least, initially) that I am a human rights lawyer who respects his continued valuable contribution to humanitarian and philanthropic causes
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching makeup tutorials on Youtube
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a tweet by Chrissy Teigen where she debated whether hotdogs were a sandwich or not 
  • Terrorism is constantly in the news
  • On the day of this dream news broke about a siege at a bookmakers in Jarrow, where a man armed with a sawn-off shotgun took 4 people hostage. The defendant was tasered and arrested and all hostages were safe. I had read a comment on Facebook where someone (I cannot recall who) had said that there had been 'no negotiations' with the armed man
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching Youtube videos about the universe - several of which were about 'gas giant' planets

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but clearly, I would LOVE to meet and spend time with Ewan McGregor. However, this is a conscious desire/wish, not necessarily a subconscious one. In fact, his continued appearance in my dreams seems to be as a result of Day Residue. I think that I may have been engaging in the charity work with the orphans in this dream because I was trying to 'win him over' or make him see me in a positive light, rather than someone merely sexually obsessed with him. 

I found this dream so bizarre, because scenes repeated themselves - and in Scene 2, I was able to experience a replay of the scene in the city centre, with a different, more preferable outcome. I was aware that I had experienced the same set of events twice, but not consciously aware that this was a dream (i.e. not lucid). 

The passage of time in this dream was also odd, as it seemed to happen in 'real-time' - i.e. as if it was waking reality and things were happening at a normal, realistic speed.

The fact I have had a couple of very detailed, vivid and enjoyable dreams in recent days may be due to my use of Vitamin B6 which is known to have a significant affect on vividness, content and dream recall.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment