Friday 20 January 2017

Dream 762

'Seaside Boarding House'
Date: 19 January 2017
Time: 19:00 - 00:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Dream fragments
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Boarding House in a Seaside Town - Day
I was in a very old boarding house in a seaside town - the house was large and dark and had a number of secret tunnels in the walls. To access the secret tunnels, you opened a hatch and then had to use your arm-strength to pull yourself up and through a vertical tunnel, which would lead to a different room. I was doing this action, but every so often I would come to a hatch/tunnel which was too narrow - or in some way too difficult - for me to lift myself through, so I had to use the stairs and walk in the normal way.

Some of the hatches/tunnels had books in them.

I know there was more detail to this dream, such as me knowing more about the hatches/tunnels and the presence of other dream characters, but I cannot recall.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The entire dream narrative/action

Day Residue
  • I fell asleep watching an adaption of Harold Pinter's The Birthday Party (1957) - the adaption is from 1968. This play was set in a dilapidated boarding-house in a seaside town in South-East England - a setting which I very much liked, as I love trashy old English seaside towns and the typical buildings you see there

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment - it seems to be entirely based on Day Residue.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment