Tuesday 31 January 2017

Dream 769

'Weird Building'
Date: 30 January 2017
Time: 22:30 - 06:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Strange Building - Time Unknown
This dream is very difficult to describe and was experienced as something between a dream and a nightmare. There was just a terrible sense of foreboding and danger attached to it, although nothing very scary actually seemed to happen. 

I was with a female dream character who I perceived as being my twin in the dream, although she looked like a younger version of myself. We were stuck in a very strange, maze-like building, which no escape. The building was made up of long corridors with many many red doors on both sides. There was no other decoration in these hallways - just blank walls and red doors. Sometimes you had to turn a corner and the doors were not always evenly spaced or where we expected them to be. The building was endless and infinitely big. It seemed 'abandoned' - or at least, it seemed that it had no purpose other than to trap people in it and drive them insane as there was no entrance/exit, only the same red doors with no indication of what was behind them.

Each red door opened to a different room, and each room was very weird. I cannot recall every room we went into or what happened, but I will describe the ones which stick in my memory.

One of the rooms was completely filled with demolition and junk - it looked like a load of building materials had been piled into the room from floor to ceiling in a very haphazard and dangerous way. My twin had become trapped in some cables and bricks and I had to help free her so that we could leave the room. This took ages and we were both scared and panicked. 

Some of the rooms were completely empty and dusty - with no proper lighting and bare floorboards.

One of the rooms had stray dogs in it - just wandering around or laying down in an empty room which was quite dark.

One of the rooms was filled with used syringes and heroin paraphernalia (just spread across the floor) and we were scared to go inside in case we caught AIDS, so we stood outside the room with the door open and looked in.

Some of the rooms were furnished like normal houses/hotel rooms, but were unoccupied. Other than the dogs (and the final room we entered - see below), we saw no other people in the building. 

It felt like we were trying to get out of the building, but knew we could not - and therefore were trying to find the 'best room' out of all the bad ones. 

The final room we entered was a classroom. My twin and I were 'late' to the class, which was being held by a mature male dream character - white with a grey beard and glasses. He looked like a stereotypical university professor. There were other dream characters in the class - they seemed to be people I knew from high school or university perhaps. Everyone seemed familiar and well-known to me. The desks were all facing the front of the class, which was a room which gave me a sense of deja-vu, although I cannot place it in a real life memory. It didn't really look like a classroom, it was more makeshift than that - as if the class was being held there because it was the only room available. I had a strange feeling about being in this room, it was eerie and ominous. The lighting was poor and there seemed to be a lot of random objects littering the floor around the sides of the room - normal items, but making the room look messy. My thoughts when joining the class are difficult to describe, but I felt that this was the room we were 'supposed' to be in. The class was starting and the professor told me that I needed paper to write some notes. I did not have any paper with me, as I had not come prepared for the class. I asked another student - who happened to be VB (a girl I went to high school with, but have not seen for many years, other than when she was tagged into one of my other friend's Facebook photographs) if  could borrow some paper. She handed me her A4 notebook for me to tear out a sheet of paper. I asked her if I could take several sheets of paper, as I wanted to take as many notes as possible. However, I soon realised that she had used every single page of the notebook - it was filled with recipes for bakery items, written in blue ink. I could not find a single clean sheet of paper. 

I asked the professor if he had any spare paper and he handed me a very nice red leather-bound notebook - A4 sized. I was very pleased with this. I noticed that he had a large pile of these notebooks on his desk and they looked expensive and high quality, so I wondered why he was giving them away to students free of charge. The class began - the professor was a dictator and the class was him listing all of the people he had brutally murdered - they all seemed to be male politicians or world leaders. I found this to be a strange class and then I realised that this was why I felt slightly anxious about entering this room. 

There was more to this dream. I have the feeling of the dream memory being just at the edge of my recollection. I know I have tried to explain it this way before, but it's a similar feeling to when people describe something as being 'on the tip of their tongue' - a word, piece of information or memory is just slightly out of reach, like a carrot dangled on a stick in front of you. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I had a 'twin' who was a younger version of myself
  • We were in a very strange building - all events which took place in this building were dreamsigns

Day Residue
  • The day before this dream I had been showing my housemate SC and ML photographs of my younger self
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a Facebook friend (who is an active member of the online lucid dreaming community) sharing a video (which appeared to be a Minecraft let's play) which was described as showing the most terrifying building with a jump scare warning. I hate jump scares, so I did not watch the video in full, but at the start, the 'player' was walking through a weird scary house/building
  • On Saturday 28 January 2017 I went to see Trainspotting 2 at the cinema. This had scenes of a building filled with trash/demolition/debris/building materials from reconstruction/renovation work (Mark Renton, played by 'my bae' Ewan McGregor is involved in a scene where is he almost hanged by cables) and of course, heroin use and syringes and reference to AIDS
  • The day of this dream I had been chatting to my housemate SC about teaching classes
  • The day before this dream R3A and I had talked of 'murder' in a different context
  • The current political situation across the world is pretty terrifying and it feels like we are on the brink of another war

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. I think that this dream is subconsciously meaningful and it certainly felt that way while dreaming it and after I awoke from it and recalled what happened. As stated above, I know I have forgotten parts of this dream - if I recall anything further (and it seems as if I might, as I have that 'brain itch' I often get when I have temporarily forgotten part of a dream) I will record it below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment