Sunday 6 March 2016

Dream 576

'Finding Shoelaces'
Dream date: 5 March 2016

This is Day 6 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE.

Scene 1: Interior Scene - Time Unknown
I cannot recall any of the specific dream scene locations in this dream, although at one stage, one of the rooms in the interior I was in resembled a section of my bedroom in my former childhood home in Pine Grove, Sheringham - it was the built-in wardrobe next to the window, but the rest of the room was different and part of the general interior scene where the majority of this dream took place. 

I was with a male dream character who in parts resembled RBA, PS and AD respectively, although he did not look especially like any of them. I said to him: 'Do a different accent' and he said something to me, to which my response was: 'No! You said it in Scottish!' This made me think it was RBA. 

The male dream character, who I will refer to as RADS (for ease of reference) was supposedly dating LT1, a girl I was at high school with in real-life, and have not seen for many years. I disapproved of this relationship - I am not sure if I wanted to be with RADS myself, or if I just wanted to break up his relationship with LT1 for the sake of it. It wasn't clear in the dream, or at least my memory of it. I was telling RADS repeatedly that she was not right for him and he deserved better. RADS was telling me that it was an 'arranged relationship' and he had not chosen to be with LT1, they had simply been assigned together as a couple and there was nothing he could do to change the situation. I said: 'You can do whatever you want' and was urging him to use his own mind to decide what he wanted to do. I was frustrated that I could not make RADS see that it was his decision who he was in a relationship with. Eventually, I managed to convince him that he should not be with LT1 and he said he would break up with her later. This made me happy. 

There was a weird scene where I was with RADS and we were looking at a street - a normal suburban residential street, with a road in the middle and lawns on either side, with pavements (sidewalks). It was a bright sunny day. I am not sure if we were looking out of a window, watching this on a screen, or actually standing in the street. I think it may have been the latter, given the angle I was viewing it at was the same as if I was standing a few meters away. Suddenly, a number of dogs - they looked like golden retrievers or labradors - came into the centre of the road (no cars were driving down it). There were no humans. This was 'a parade' and the dogs lined up in formation (a few horizontal rows, with about 5 dogs per row). They started using their paws to 'drum' on some weird instruments which looked like large sets of panpipes, made out of bones. The dogs were not really 'dancing', but they were moving in time to the drumming. We watched this, fascinated for a while.

I was then looking through a wardrobe, which resembled the one which I used to have in my bedroom in Pine Grove. I was rummaging through a bag of rubbish trying to find something, although I am not sure if I knew what it was at this point in the dream. Someone from in the same room as me - it may have been my Mum - called out asking what I was doing. I said I was 'looking for the shoelaces' and was very relieved to find a pair of pink shoelaces in amongst the rubbish. I took them out, feeling proud.

I cannot recall what else happened during this dream, although I did wake up with more memory than I have now, so hopefully some more of the detail will come back to me later, as it often does.

TIME: 03:00 - 12:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The composite dream character and the fact all dream characters (from various different stages in my life) all knew each other
  • The parade of dogs playing bone panpipes in the street

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • RBA/dream character from Glasgow, Scotland
  • Trying to find clothes which have been lost/discarded somewhere

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day before this dream I had a successful dream incubation dream about the serial killer Ian Brady (Dream 575 - click to read this dream). Ian Brady was originally from Glasgow, Scotland. On the day that I had this dream I had messaged RBA, making a joke about him being Scottish and had also referred to him in my Dream Journal entry, written shortly before, which may have been Day Residue, influencing the Ian Brady dream. This current dream I am recording herein may have been influenced by the earlier Ian Brady dream, which in turn was influenced by RBA
  • On the  day before I had this dream I dyed my hair a shade of deep red, which was only visible on the roots, where my hair doesn't have the navy-blue/black dye from a number of months ago. I then remembered being at primary school and the teacher's daughter, LT1 (who wasn't the nicest girl, but then, in nursery school I did bite through her finger for no reason, making me not so nice too!) having waist-length dark hair like my own. LT1 had said her hair was better because it had different colours in it naturally (it was blonder due to being sun-bleached). I had mentioned to my Mum that my hair was 'boring' (I was only about 5 or 6 years old at the time) and my Mum had pointed out my hair had a deep red wine shade to it, even though it looks black from a distance. This memory triggered by my dying my hair red, influenced LT1 (who I have not seen for many years) appearing in my dream
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching a number of Youtube videos. One of them was a makeup artist who was able to recreate Egyptian kohl eyeliner - the museum she was working with produced a replica of the container the ancient Egyptians would have kept their kohl in - but bone was used instead of ivory. I then watched a video which showed a number of medieval instruments in various scenes.
  • I had been looking through the drawer in my bedroom on the day of this dream - there are a number of pairs of shoelaces in the drawer from when I was cleaning my Nike trainer collection and had not re-laced them yet
  • On the day of this dream I had been thinking about my wardrobe in my former childhood home (Pine Grove, Sheringham) and how I would hide dirty glasses/cups and a number of other items I should not have been keeping in a wardrobe, in the bottom under my clothes, which my Mum would have to come and remove when she tidied my room. It is a constant source of annoyance and dissatisfaction that I am an untidy person. Both my Mum and my Nan are on the untidy side of the spectrum - we all tend to accumulate clutter and then try to make it look tidy, by rearranging it rather than throwing it out or finding a better storage space for it - my Nan and I are worse than my Mum, who has a really nice tidy flat now. I have got a lot better since I have been living independently (and wanted to impress boys rather than turn them off!) but I am still someone whose natural inclination is to be messy and untidy - my teenage bedroom used to look like a boy's room, with graffiti on the walls (not to mention hundreds of random pictures, photos, posters etc) and the entire floor space covered with skateboards, clothes, mixtapes and magazines etc. My Mum used to take photographs of my room and show it to people in an attempt to shame me into keeping it tidy, but it rarely worked, despite the fact I LOVE the feel of having a clean and tidy environment, because I have a very active and jumbled brain and having an organised space helps my thoughts to be more structured and less 'busy'. I just can't do it myself! My wardrobe always used to be the place I kept 'secret' things, which were not at all secret, because my Mum would be forced to clear it out and would therefore find them, just like I knew she would (I never really cared about her finding 'naughty' things' because I was very open about drinking alcohol underage and smoking cannabis from the age of 13/14 years old anyway, regardless of whether my Mum approved or not - I was strong-willed and rebellious, but also truthful about it, which my family respect me for, on top of the fact I was always academically successful and productive in my local community). I remember my Mum finding my bongs (some homemade) in the wardrobe and taking them into her work so she and her colleagues could have a joke about them! Unfortunately, one of her friends, CC, noticed that one of the bongs was made from a juice bottle missing from her kitchen, which implicated her son in the homemade bong making enterprise we had going! Sorry for the diversion into a long story about my rebelliousness as a young teenager and the wonders of my wardrobe, but I had been thinking about these things the day of the day of the dream, and no doubt this was a large influence on what happened in the dream!

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but it was still experienced (while dreaming) as an enjoyable dream, although when awake and thinking back to what happened in this dream, it seems a little boring. I think a lot of the excitement of the dream did not come from the action, but from the emotions experienced in the dream.

* I have forgotten some parts of this dream, but if I remember anything else I will record it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment