Sunday 13 March 2016

Dream 582

'Landmine Safety Invention'
Dream date: 11 March 2016

This is Day 12 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE.

Scene 1: A Field with Landmines (Foreign Country, Location Unknown) - Day
I was watching a scene take place in a field (in a foreign country - I am unsure where) which I knew had landmines. The field was vast and grassy. It was a hot, sunny day. I saw a male dream character - he looked to be South East Asian and was dressed like a farmer, with a traditional conical hat. He was carrying a bag on his back, over his shoulder. He walked towards where I was standing (I am not sure if I was actually in the scene or just watching it as there was no interaction with the dream character). I was worried that the man would step on a landmine. Just to my left was a pile of rubbish, which had a broken piano in the centre. The male dream character walked into this pile of rubbish and a landmine exploded, making him fly a short distance into the air and backwards. I looked to see what injuries he had, but noticed that his legs were metal poles and were undamaged. I was surprised at this and then became instantly aware that he was using a new invention - metal legs. His real legs were hidden behind the metal legs, which were designed to protect him from the explosion of the landmine, and withstand the blast. I thought this was an amazing new invention which would save life and limb.

Scene 2: A Classroom - Time Unknown
I was then in a very typical looking school classroom. There were no students there, only the mother of a student. I was in the role of teacher. The mother was telling me about her son, who she was concerned to leave in case he became unwell at school and needed to be sent home. I said to the mother: 'You'll be ringing up the school worried every five minutes, then eventually you'll just want him sent home in a taxi because you can't be bothered to pick him up yourself'. This was a little rude and unsympathetic, but the mother seemed to listen to me and said she would try not to be too protective over her son and stop interfering with his education. 

TIME: 04:30 - 10:40 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place, but I was woken up suddenly by a smoke detector going off in my house)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The scene in the field with the landmines

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had read something online about Oscar Pistorius, the Olympic 'Blade Runner', convicted of the killing of his partner, Reeva Steenkamp in 2013
  • The day after this dream I had a missed call on my mobile from a number without a contact name saved - looking through previous text messages showed that the caller had been the mother of one of the students I work with in my job in student welfare, who has a number of issues he requires support for

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not linked to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but it was quite an interesting dream to have, not only because it seemed to relate to a subsequent waking life event (not that I believe in precognitive dreams), but also because when I woke up, I felt like I had 'invented' a product which could save lives across the world (even though I am pretty sure my invention would not actually be workable). 

No comments:

Post a Comment