Saturday 12 March 2016

Dream 581

'No Dinner'
Dream date: 10 March 2016

This is Day 11 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE.

Scene 1: Interior Scene (Location Unknown) - Day
I was in an interior - it looked like a domestic interior, or a shop which sold domestic items and furniture. I was with some dream characters, although I am not sure who they were. I was looking at the furniture - I could see some overhead cupboards which had a pastel marbled design, sort of fragmented shapes in soft pink and lilac colours painted onto the wood. There was a table with a flamboyant pink design - I cannot really describe how the pattern on this table, and other patterns on other items of furniture I could see as I looked around - but everything looked very unique and decorative. I was aware I had 'designed' these pieces. If I pointed at the items of furniture the design changed. I 'accidentally' changed the design of some of the wooden items, but thought the new design wasn't quite as good as the previous one. I didn't quite understand how I had these powers. It felt like the process of designing furniture in The Sims, and that was the thought I had when performing this action. It felt like I was in some form of competition with other persons, but I am not sure how or why.

Scene 2: An Urban City Street - Afternoon/Early Evening
I was watching a scene take place in a city street. The sky was getting darker and it may have been raining as it looked grey and damp. I saw KC (the daughter of one of my Mum's friends) getting out of a car outside a building. I was aware that she was arriving with her partner to cook a big family meal to which my family were also invited. 

Scene 3: An Interior Scene - Evening
I was late the the dinner party hosted by KC. I attended with a male friend - I think it was DL. We came to the bottom of a large rectangular table with a white tablecloth. Sat around the table were my Mum, my Nan, my cousin HM and her family; GC and KC (my aunt and uncle); KC and her partner/babies; CC (KC's mother) and other members of our respective families - it was a massive feast. The meal was sliced roast turkey and some green vegetable on the side. There was no sauce. The turkey looked dark brown, instead of white. I thought that it was odd that KC was the cook for the party, given I am not aware that she is able to cook at all. There still seemed to be plenty of food left on the table, despite the fact that everyone was almost finished with their food, having not waited for DL and I to turn up. I kept confusing KC and my cousin HM (even though they are nothing alike). Someone said: 'There's not enough food for you, as we all want second helpings'. I accepted this because I hate turkey and would not want to eat it - I did not have a negative reaction to being denied food, even though the party was mainly made up of my own family members, and there seemed to be plenty of food to satisfy everyone. 

Scene 4: A Shopping Mall/Bookshop - Time Unknown
I then found myself in a shopping mall of some kind. It seemed to be an open plan area with shops, but inside a large building. I cannot quite remember the details. I think I may have been standing near some escalators or stairs. I saw CS (an undergraduate Law student I teach - and one of the most pleasant of the boys). We walked together, in conversation (unrecalled) until we came to a stand/stall which was selling second-hand/used books. I was excited and started looking through the books, discussing them with CS. I then saw a bag on the shelf to the side of the books. I started to look through the bag, which contained various items. The item on top (and the only one I recall) was a clear plastic bag of pink and white marshmallows. I thought the bag of items was being sold by the bookshop owner, but CS said: 'That's my bag'.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 03:30 - 17:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • All of Scene 1 was a dreamsign as I was performing impossible actions

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • A bag on a shelf

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • A couple of days before this dream DL and I had been watching a home interior design challenge TV show
  • I design furniture when I play The Sims
  • I had been discussing how some women are naturally very lubricated when sexually aroused on the day before this dream. When I was a teenager I knew KC, despite her being several years older than me, because my Mum was good friends with her mum and I knew her brother, as well as us all sharing a workplace connection. One of her sexual partners said 'she comes like a bucket' and I always remembered that expression, so no doubt talking about female vaginal wetness subconsciously brought her to mind
  • One of my friends told me he ate turkey the day before this dream. I hate turkey. The turkey in the dream looked like the roast goose being served on a TV show I was watching on the day of this dream - The Supersizers (the episode set in the Edwardian era). The goose was served with stewed celery, which was notably the only green vegetable consumed in the course of a multi-course meal. The plate of food served in the dinner party in my dream looked remarkably like the plate shown in the TV show. This series always features massive feasts, for example in the French Revolution and the Medieval era episodes, which I watched a couple of days before this dream
  • I taught CS the day of this dream
  • I had visited the library on the day of this dream
  • 2 days before this dream I dreamed of another bag on a shelf - see Dream 578

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not linked to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but it was still quite an enjoyable dream to experience, as it was quite vivid and seemed to continue for quite a long time. I also seemed to have very good dream recall when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment