Friday 11 March 2016

Dream 580

'Police Helicopters'
Dream date: 9 March 2016

This is Day 10 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE.

Scene 1: Exterior Scene (Location Unknown) - Night
There was some notion of moving accommodation or swapping rooms - I am unaware of the context as I simply cannot recall what happened. 

I was in an exterior location - I think it may have been a field. It was night and there were no visible lights - everything was pitch black. I looked up and saw a police helicopter, which was shining it's searchlight down onto me. I did not feel especially panicked. 

TIME: 04:30 - 09:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had been discussing students swapping rooms/accommodation - and in particular students who wish to change accommodation due to sexual harassment or violence, often when they are unsupported by flatmates who turn against them - shortly prior to this, I had experienced a nightmare which was located in a university (I was living in a female-only halls of residence, which would not be my choice) and culminated in me being raped by a psychopathic stalker (see Dream 578: 'It's Rape Time!')
  • Shortly before I had this dream I watched a true crime documentary about a UK murderer (I have forgotten the specific case as it wasn't very interesting - compared to some of the documentaries I watch within this genre). The police had the murderer in mind as a suspect and sent a police helicopter up to search the local area to find either the suspect or a vehicle linked to the murder. The police found it highly suspicious that the suspect did not look up when he heard the helicopter overhead and decided that this indicated he had a guilty conscious (he was bending down to pet his dog instead of looking up to see the helicopter). I had told DL about this other day - while we were watching a police helicopter circle over my university campus/the local woodlands at night, with a searchlight (a common occurrence recently). We both agreed it didn't seem to be particularly suspicious behaviour in itself, given the suspect may not have even been aware it was a police helicopter

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I am not sure how much this dream was linked to my Dream Incubation Experiment, although it does seem relevant given that it involves a police helicopter shining a searchlight down onto me and I had recently watched a true crime (murder) documentary involving police helicopters. It may be a simple case of day residue (from seeing so many police helicopters, some with searchlights flying over campus at night).

No comments:

Post a Comment