Sunday 5 February 2017

Dream 770

'Finnish Ham!'
Date: 31 January 2017
Time: 16:30 - 18:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Interior - Time Unknown
This dream took place during a short afternoon nap.

I got a Facebook message on my phone (I actually got a Facebook message on my phone, so I must have 'heard' the alert through my sleep and translated it into my dream narrative. In the dream, the message was from R3A - and in real life, it was in fact R3A who had messaged me!)

The (dream) message read: 'Finish it!' In the dream, I took it to be a misquote of 'Finish him!' from Mortal Kombat. He had sent some emojis as well - an aubergine/eggplant and some water splashes (which is translated as being symbolic of an ejaculating penis when used together). I was with a female dream character, who was unknown to me in real life, but seemed to be a friend in the dream. I got the impression it was someone I know from university. I asked this dream character what I should say in response. I noticed that we were in an interior that appeared to be partially like a cosmetics/jewellery outlet in a department store, but was also a domestic interior, with a kitchen. While I was asking what I should message back, I was wandering around the room, looking at some glass cabinets of cosmetics/gold jewellery. The dream character told me to write back: 'Let's meet 'just as mates'' (specifically, she instructed me to use quotation marks around 'just as mates' although I am unsure why. I messaged this, and got an angry response from R3A who told me that I had taken too long to respond to him, despite the fact it had been merely moments between his message and my reply.

Scene 2: A Post Office - Day
I was then in an interior which looked like a large post office - I was at the counter, doing something with a chocolate bar - I think I was trying to swap it for something. I saw myself in the third-person perspective at this stage, rather than from my own perspective. I cannot recall if I looked like my normal real life self or not. I then started arguing (shouting) at my Nan, who was also in the post office and angry at me for something, which I cannot recall. In the background, I could see Ewan McGregor, standing conducting what appeared to be a lecture. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • R3A as a dream character
  • Arguing with my Nan
  • Ewan McGregor as a dream character
  • Lecture/classroom-based learning

Dreamsigns: 
  • The domestic interior was also a cosmetics/jewellery outlet in a department store
  • Ewan McGregor was conducting some form of lecture in a post office

Day Residue
  • The Facebook message was clearly as a result of me 'hearing' a message alert on my mobile phone while asleep - I had no reason to assume it would be R3A, the fact I was correct was a mere coincidence
  • Shortly before this dream, my friend DL sent me a Mortal Kombat meme, which was based on the 'Finish him!' quote - it was a picture of 'Finnish Ham' (see below)
  • On the day of this dream I went to the Post Room at University to pick up my bank statements and new debit card
  • I think about Ewan McGregor all the time!
  • I am due to start teaching Contract Law soon

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. It seems to be highly influenced by Day Residue rather than subconscious desires/wishes. I find it odd that I did not spot the Ewan McGregor Dreamsign - usually I would be overjoyed to dream about Ewan, but in this dream, I was ambivalent. I was slightly unnerved by the messages from R3A in the dream, there was something ominous and very angry about them. In real life, his actual message was fairly banal and friendly.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


No comments:

Post a Comment