Sunday 5 February 2017

Dream 771

'A Big Mess of Mugs'
Date: 2 February 2017
Time: 03:00 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Bus - Day
I was on a bus, sitting on the right side as you face the driver. The bus was full of people. I heard someone say: 'I hate black people!' and I was shocked that there might be a racist incident on the bus, so got up from my seat to see who said it. I realised it was a young Muslim child wearing a white T-shirt. He appeared to be of Asian (Middle Eastern) origin (I could tell he was Muslim due to the fact his mother, sitting beside him was wearing a hijab and the child was wearing a black taqiyah - a prayer cap). He was sitting on the left side of the bus, about 2 rows ahead of me. He turned and stared at me when I stood up to see who had made the racist comment. I decided that because it was a young child - he looked about 8 - 10 years old - that I should not intervene, so despite being angry about it, I sat down and minded my own business. 

Scene 2: My Former Childhood Home, Pine Grove, Sheringham - Day
I was then returning home - this must be why I had been taking a bus ride. I went back to my former family home in Pine Grove, Sheringham - which was my current home in the dream, shared with my Mum and Stepdad. The house was different inside (very narrow room, with sofa seating in front of a long counter/bar behind which was the kitchen). I was aware that my parents were having a party - and had invited some local people (in particular 2 of my Mum's various female friends, JSS and NP). My Mum had catered for the event and I started looking at the food, which was normal buffet food and cakes. I then realised that JSS and NP had ordered Chinese takeaway. All of the Chinese food had been consumed and the tinfoil cartons (upside down) were littering the kitchen counter. The entire room was a complete mess - there was rubbish, food and empty cups everywhere - a huge pile of discarded trash was stacked on a large dining table in a darker corner of the room. I perceived it as my job to clean up after the party and I felt angry, as it was such a terrible mess. JSS and NP were laughing at me, telling me not to worry and to just sit down and enjoy myself.

I went outside into the garden - which appeared to be exactly as it used to be in real life, despite the interior of the house being very different. It was daylight, and the sky was pale and grey. On the patio was a huge pile of coffee mugs - mostly navy, blue and black in colour. This pile was taller than me and covered almost all of the patio. I was resigned to the fact I had to clean every mug in the pile and knew that it would take me days to complete this task. My Stepdad joined me outside and started chatting to me.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • My family as dream characters

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was in my former childhood home - the interior of which appeared to be very different
  • The pile of mugs on the patio in the garden

Day Residue
  • A couple of days before this dream I had been dealing with a racially-motivated incident while at work
  • Shortly before this dream I had discussed how British people tend to react to racist incidents on public transport - comparing the reactions of passengers in London and those in Norfolk (London passengers are more likely to be outraged and confront the racist or attempt to shame them by filming incidents to post to social media, while in Norfolk, as less diverse and more conservative area, it is more likely that they will ignore racism, or agree with the racist)
  • There has been a lot of racist incidents reported in the media recently - especially following the 'Muslim Ban' (President Trump's controversial - and discriminatory - executive order to control immigration into the USA
  • I had been thinking about a part-time cleaning job I previously done many years ago - considering whether I would be able to do a part-time cleaning job if I do not manage to get another part-time job over the summer

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. It was a very bizarre dream, especially the part with the massive pile of mugs in the garden.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment