Thursday 23 February 2017

Dream 781

'Ewan is Stuck in a Fence'
Date: 19 February 2017
Time: 20:45 - 04:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window).

This is the last dream that I will be recording for this Dream Incubation Experiment. I am ending this experiment today, because this means that the duration of the experiment has been exactly 3 months, which I feel is an adequate period of data collection to allow me to spot trends and recurrent dream themes from which to draw conclusions. I will be writing a separate article which contains my analysis of this Dream Incubation Experiment in due course, so please stay tuned to my Blog to see my final results.

Scene 1: An Exterior - Night
I was in an outside location - it was night, but I could see my surroundings very clearly, so the area may have been illuminated with some kind of lights. I was standing on concrete and in front of me was a large wire chainlink fence - I think it was chainlink as there were metal parts which went across and down. Behind the fence, which was very tall, perhaps 3 - 4 meters tall, were some trees or bushes, and a very steep drop, so the fence was on the side of a ledge. I saw that on the ground, Ewan McGregor was stuck, by the head and the neck, in the fence. His head was on my side, and his body was on the edge of the ledge. I noticed that Ewan looked the way he did when he was much younger - approximately 25 years old. I successfully saved him and then was extremely pleased to realise that he was so grateful to me that he wanted to start dating me. I started hugging him and was feeling so ecstatic, I could not believe my luck.

Scene 2: A House - Day
I was then in a house - it was not one from real life, but in the dream I lived there with my stepbrother. My stepbrother wanted a relationship with me, and I was telling him that we should not  do this as it would make our family angry and people in the small local community would gossip about us. This made my stepbrother more keen to have a secret relationship and I started to think that it was a good idea. We were having this conversation in the kitchen of the house. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Ewan McGregor as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • A young Ewan McGregor was stuck in a fence
  • I wanted to have a relationship with my stepbrother

Day Residue
  • Ewan McGregor is always on my mind
  • The day before this dream DL and I had a conversation about the estimated ages of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars, given he appears to have excessively aged when you consider Ewan McGregor's version (who appears to be in his 20s/30s in the prequels) and Alec Guinness' original version, who appears to be very aged, despite it only being 20 years into the future
  • Around the time we were discussing the age of Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Ewan McGregor) DL and I walked past a male with shoulder-length curly chestnut brown hair - I consciously thought that he strongly resembled my stepbrother
  • The day before this dream I had been writing up Dream 780 - 'Green Shoes & Fire Dance Parties' (False Awakening) in which I referred to 'JM' who is a friend and colleague. I wondered if I had used the same anonymisation (the 'JM' initials) in previous dream reports featuring y stepbrother, who has the same initials. I think this is likely
Waking Reactions: 
I would hope that only Scene 1 of this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. I have no desire to have any kind of relationship with my stepbrother, familial or otherwise. I do not think that he is a nice person and although we have been far more amicable as adults, when we were young children, there was a lot of hostile conflict between us. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment