Saturday 18 February 2017

Dream 780 (FALSE AWAKENING)

'Green Shoes & Fire Dance Parties'
Date: 18 February 2017
Time: 22:00 - 02:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream - False Awakening
Dream recall: Strong  recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Night
I 'woke up' in my bed, thinking that I was really awake - but this was a false awakening. At no point in this dream did I become conscious/aware/lucid - I completely believed I had woken up after going to sleep. When (in real life) I had gone to bed, my flatmate SC and ML were at home, in the lounge area. In my dream I could hear that they were in SC's bedroom and there were a few other voices audible too, so I assumed they had guests over. I walked out (or somehow could see) that there were 2 pairs of shoes in the hallway outside our bedrooms - a pair of emerald green high heel shoes and a pair of trainers - male-sized. I recognised (in the dream - as I have never seen either person wear shoes like this) that the shoes belonged to friends/colleagues DB and DC. I was also aware that JM, another friend/colleague was also in my house. Their voices were loud and they were laughing. 

I went back into my room and I heard DB, DC and JM leave - while they were in the lounge, I heard SC say to DB: 'You should leave the wine for ML'. DB then shouted through to ML, who was still in SC's bedroom. SC told her not to shout so loudly, as it was 'past 02:00 am'. The friends then left.

I could see that the curtains in my room were open. The entire room was dark, as it had been when I fell asleep in real life. Outside my window, on a small patch of grass at the back of the house, a number of students - including a female in a cropped top and a miniskirt were starting a fire. It was a 'fire dance party' and they were laughing, screaming, dancing and having fun. I wondered if - in my job in student welfare and discipline - I should take control of the situation and inform the students that they were not allowed to start a fire or create a noise disturbance. I wondered if SC and ML - who both do the same job as me (as do DB, DC and JM) knew what was happening and whether they would intervene if I did not.

I then woke up for real.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The entire situation was a dreamsign

Day Residue
  • None of note

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment as it was a false awakening. I am disappointed that nothing in this short, vivid dream caused me to question if I was dreaming, perform a reality check and then proceed to lucidity. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


No comments:

Post a Comment