Sunday 12 February 2017

Dream 775

'Incest Pets'
Date: 10 February 2017
Time: 20:00 - 04:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Home, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was in my lounge/kitchen area of my home in Norwich. It looked like it does in real life. I was standing beside the front door, facing into the room, and my flatmate SC and colleague/friend DC were present. DC was sitting on the sofa. He asked me: 'How is your boyfriend?' but I did not know what he was talking about as I do not have a boyfriend.

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior - Time Unknown
I then found myself in a domestic interior, which I assumed was my home in the dream. I was panicked to suddenly realise that I had a number of pets which I had not fed/cared for/seen in ages. It felt like I had neglected these pets for months, and knew that I had left them in a basement area with no-one checking on them. I was concerned that they would all be dead and I would have to dispose of their decayed and rotten corpses. This thought frightened and disgusted me, and I was confused as to why I had ignored these pets or forgotten about them. 

I went down to the basement which appeared to be a brightly lit room, with 2 large cages in it, on the floor. In one of the cages were black gerbils and in the other cage were some other small fluffy animals - which I at first thought were rabbits and then realised were guinea pigs. All the animals were alive, but I saw that while there was a small number of rabbits/guinea pigs, there were hundreds of gerbils - I had left a male and female together and they had bred. I was scared that the offspring had also mated and produced incestuous offspring - thinking that this might mean that some of the gerbils were deformed or disabled in some way. I did not know what to do. I then decided that I should separate the males and females, placing the females in the rabbit/guinea pig cage and leaving the males in the gerbil cage. I started to do this, wondering if gerbils can safely live with rabbits/guinea pigs, but also knowing that this was the only option or else the gerbils would keep incestuously interbreeding. As I was removing the gerbils, checking their sex - I noticed the number (generally) kept getting bigger - due to the incestuous interbreeding I had feared.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note
Dreamsigns: 
  • DC asked about a boyfriend - I do not have a boyfriend
  • The situation with the neglected pets - they had survived without food or water and bred

Day Residue
  • A few days before this video I had mentioned in a conversation with someone (unrecalled) that I have rescued 2 baby bunnies
  • The day before this dream I saw a meme on a Facebook meme page which referenced the consequences of incestuous interbreeding
  • When I was a child at primary school, we were given stick insects, which we would keep in jars filled with privet leaves. I didn't like my stick insects, they freaked me out and I hated looking at them (but wanted to have some, just like my classmates). I shoved them in the bottom of my wardrobe and neglected them - and eventually was too scared to look at them again in case they were dead (they were). My Mum had to remove them from my wardrobe

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. This wasn't a nightmare, but it was a scary dream because of the fact I had neglected the pets and then feared what I would see when I went down to the basement. I do not have many waking reactions to this dream.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment