Thursday 9 February 2017

Dream 772

'Baby Shower Presents'
Date: 5 February 2017
Time: 22:00 - 04:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Ex-Boyfriend, PS' Home, London - Time Unknown
This dream took place in my ex-boyfriend, PS' family home in London, where I used to live with him. I am not sure if the dream version of this house reflected the real life one, as the details of the house are not recalled. PS, his family and I were in the house. I was in PS' bedroom, sitting on the bed. From this room, I was able to see what was going on in the rest of the house, which would be impossible in real life.

Some visitors came to the house - these were dream characters, not people I have ever met in real life. The dream characters were a young married couple - a white man with brown hair and a white woman with shoulder-length blonde hair, wearing a pink shirt. PS told me that N the Dog would have to remain in the bedroom with me, because the female dream character was pregnant and scared of dogs. I thought that this was unfair to N the Dog, as this was his home and he is not an aggressive dog. N the Dog laid on the bed and I was stroking him, while the dream characters went into the lounge.

At some point I went downstairs and joined PS, his mum (CAS) and perhaps his siblings. The dream character couple were still there. CAS told PS and I that we had to buy the couple a present for the baby shower she was holding on their behalf. She had already chosen the present we were to buy (I am not sure what it was), and told us that it would cost £600 - meaning we should contribute £300 each. I was angry - not only because of the huge cost of the present and the fact that I did not know the dream characters I was supposed to be buying it for, but also because CAS is terrible at money management and would never buy anyone such an extravagant gift. I thought she had no right to tell me I had to buy a present for strangers. I started arguing, saying: 'I only earn £300 per week' - then realised I meant 'per month' so corrected myself. I refused to buy or contribute towards the gift and there was a huge argument. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Ex-boyfriends

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was with my ex-boyfriend
  • I could see the entire house from a first-floor bedroom

Day Residue
  • I had been thinking about income and the need to get a part-time job which pays the same amount at my current scholarship - £300 a month, approximately

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment - it did not seem to reflect any subconscious wishes or desires, but rather financial worries and a feeling that I was being manipulated in some way. The emotions in this dream were angry and defensive.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment