Thursday 23 February 2017

Dream 783

'Rule-Breaking Shark'
Date: 21 February 2017
Time: 14:45 - 17:15 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: An Exterior - Day
My Facebook friend, BD was now in a relationship with my cousin, HM. In real life HM is married with a child, but in the dream she seemed to be much younger. She was wearing a white dress. I realised that now BD was not interested in me as a person, as he had moved onto HM. I was looking through the window of BD's car. He was in the driver's seat and HM was laying down in the passenger seat. I wondered how they had met.

Scene 2: My House, Norwich - Time Unknown
I dropped my phone - only a short distance onto the carpet in my lounge. I realised that the screen of my phone had cracked and I thought this was strange, as my phone had only fallen a matter of inches onto the soft floor. I was annoyed and wondered how much it would cost to fix the glass screen. I then realised that my phone screen was not actually broken.

Scene 3: Under the Ocean - Time Unknown
I was under the ocean - I realised that I was a male shark. I was being told by another sea animal (I cannot recall what it was) that I was only allowed to eat the fish which were swimming in the waves creating  by the bottom of ships/boats, as this was 'fair'. I saw the bottom of a boat moving through water, creating waves in which a school of small silver fish were swimming. These fish were allowed to be my prey as they were 'within the rules' but I decided that I was a shark and I could break the rules if I wanted, because I was the more ferocious, dangerous creature and could overpower any of the other sea animals in my undersea society. I was not going to listen to authority and I could eat whatever I liked.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Breaking the screen of my phone

Dreamsigns: 
  • My Facebook friend BD was in a relationship with my cousin HM, who seemed younger
  • I was a shark and could communicate with other sea animals living in the underwater society

Day Residue: 
  • BD messaged me the day of this dream
  • I saw BD post a photo of himself sitting in the driver's seat of his car
  • A couple of days before this dream ML had broken her phone screen and was searching online for the cheapest place to replace the glass
  • I had seen one of my female friends on Facebook refer to 'Shark Week' (in a joke about periods)
  • I had been discussing 'crime' and my lack of fear for authority with SC and ML on the day of this dream

Waking Reactions: 
It was very weird to experience myself as a shark in a dream. This is the first time I can recall dreaming of myself as an animal or at least a non-human. I found this to be a humorous dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment