Thursday 23 February 2017

Dream 782

'The Omen'
Date: 20 February 2017
Time: 21:45 - 05:50 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: An Interior(?) - Time Unknown
I was with DL and we were watching a scene take place - I am not sure if we were watching it from above (for example, from a balcony) or on a screen. The scene was of what appeared to be the inside of a very grand religious-themed location - a palace combined with a cathedral/church. There was a lot of white columns and a short staircase with a royal blue velvet carpet. On the platform at the top of the stairs were some thrones and the scene was luxurious and extravagant. I realised that there was a christening or baptism of a female baby taking place. The family of the baby were all 'Italian Mafia' types - which is why they were in such a fancy location, dressed in fine, fashionable clothing. I was then aware that we were watching a remake of The Omen (1976), with the main characters - the parents of the Anti-Christ being Italian gangers. The 'father' of the Anti-Christ then came into view, walking down the stairs. He was an Asian man - wearing a turban, which led me to believe he was a Sikh. I was surprised that he was Asian as he was supposed to be 'Italian'. I asked DL: 'Is that racist?'

Scene 2: A City Street (assumed to be New York City) - Day
I the found myself on a city street - it was a very urban area, with a lot of tall buildings and skyscrapers; traffic and pedestrians. I assumed that it might be New York City. It was a very sunny day, even though I knew it was supposed to be the end of winter. I went into a large coffeeshop on the left side of the street. At the counter was a white female server. I ordered a coffee and said to her: 'It's really hot outside' to which she replied: 'It isn't'. I was confused, as it was a very summer-like day, especially for wintertime. 

Scene 3: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I do not know where this scene took place. I received a message on my mobile phone. It was from R3A saying that he had not been in touch with me for a few days. His message said: 'I haven't been in touch - or words to this effect] because I've been hanging with the bullet of Glasgow, know what I mean?' I took 'bullet of Glasgow' to mean a gangster/thug-type of person, or someone with a reputation for being a 'hard man'. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The weird remake of The Omen
  • I was in NYC

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had been reading Wikipedia articles on The Omen (all novels and movies) - as this was a book I had bought from a secondhand bookshop when I was just 10 years old and I wanted to refresh my memory of the entire story arc
  • Recently there has been controversy about white actors playing a number of non-white roles in Hollywood movies (and terms such as 'whitewashing', 'blackface' and 'yellowface')
  • The day of this dream I finished watching the worst movie ever made - After Last Season (2009). This movie is set in a snowy location and there is one scene where the main characters, Sarah and Matthew discuss the fact that the day before had been hot and summery (which did not make sense, as the scene from that day had shown snow and freezing conditions)

Waking Reactions: 
This was a very strange dream, with clear references to Day Residue influencing the content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment