Tuesday 14 February 2017

Dream 777

'Stolen Handbags'
Date: 13 February 2017
Time: 05:00 - 12:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong (initial) recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Exterior - Day
I was outside with DL walking on a path which had grass/trees on either side. It seemed to be some sort of park, perhaps. It was daytime, but I am not sure of the weather. In front of us was a female dream character - she was black, with long box-braids in her hair, wearing a skirt - I was aware that she was a 'TV star' or a 'TV celebrity', but only in the dream, not real life. Suddenly DL started chasing her, shouting something aggressively. I wondered if he was going to racially abuse the female, so I tried to grab him, to stop him. He was telling me that the female was 'an enemy' but I was refusing to listen to this and told him that he had to stop. 

I cannot recall the location of the other dream scenes.

I saw my PhD supervisor and felt concerned that I had not emailed him any work in quite a while. I wanted to avoid him, and successfully managed to do so.

I was with R3A - and we were planning to go somewhere. I then realised that my handbag had been stolen, which meant that all my money was gone as well as other possessions. I was annoyed as I needed to get public transport, which I would not be able to pay for now. I was telling R3A that we could not go to wherever it was we had been planning to go. I then managed to find my handbag on a counter in what appeared to be a bathroom - perhaps a public bathroom. 

I cannot recall any other aspects of this long. vivid dream - see below.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • DL is not the type of person to (racially) abuse anyone

Day Residue
  • I need to concentrate on my PhD thesis and submit some chapters to my supervisor very soon - I had been discussing this with my flatmate SC on the day of this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had watched a Jenna Marbles Youtube video in which she talked about the numerous car-related problems she had experienced after her handbag was stolen from a public bathroom
  • I had a phone conversation with R3A at around 04:00 hours just before I went to sleep. During this conversation we discussed meeting soon, public transport and an incident involving not being able to use a bathroom while stuck on a bus

Waking Reactions: 
I do not think that this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. When I first woke up from this dream, the dream recall was very vivid and strong, However, I did not record the dream immediately, and instead drifted back into a light doze, which meant that when I woke up a second time I had forgotten massive amounts of this dream unfortunately. If I recall any details at a later stage, I will record them below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment