Thursday 9 February 2017

Dream 773

'Kylo Ren's Lightsaber'
Date: 6 February 2017
Time: 01:00 - 06:50 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior - Night
I was in a domestic interior, which felt familiar in the dream, but was not somewhere known to me in real life. The room I was in was a kitchen/dining area, with a bar on one side - it was very dark in the room. My Mum was sitting at this bar on a bar stool and in the room with us (and perhaps other dream characters) was Youtube makeup artist, Nic Haste from Pixiwoo. We were getting ready for a party. I was doing something with chocolate wrappers, which seemed important to me in the dream. I was aware that Nic had got dressed for the party and was wearing a pair of pale blue skinny jeans. I started looking through a pile of clothes which was heaped on a counter in the far side of the dream. I decided that I wanted to wear a similar pair of jeans to those Nic was wearing and selected a pale lilac pair, which were almost identical, but for the colour variation. I then wondered where Sam Chapman, Nic's sister was - so I called her name loudly. I could hear her reply from downstairs, in an angry tone as if she was being interrupted. I went downstairs to talk to her.

Scene 2: Street - Day
I then found myself in a street - it was daytime and I am not sure where this street was - it may have been Sheringham or Norwich (where the Pixiwoo sisters actually live). I was trying to find Sam. I saw that she was at the end of a queue in a shop. I think this shop was a butchers, although I am not sure. The door of the shop was open and the queue was long enough for Sam to be standing right in the doorway. There was some conversation, but it was tense and awkward and I thought that Nic was the friendlier sister to get along with. I noticed that Sam was also wearing a pair of pastel skinny jeans, so realised that I could not copy both of the sisters and would have to find something else to wear instead.

Scene 3: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was then with a male dream character (a fat, middle-aged white man with a balding head, who in the dream was a friend of my Mum's) and Rihanna. Rihanna seemed to be very friendly, while the male dream character was a 'joker' and quite annoying. He seemed to be ignorant and sexist - a lager-lout type. Rihanna was sitting on a very low wall in what was an outside area, drinking. The dream character male told me that he had to drop Rihanna off at his house so that she could get ready for the party we were all supposed to be attending. He then said - so only I could hear - that he wa 'lucky to be dating Rihanna'. I was surprised and shocked that such an unattractive, annoying man could have a relationship with a celebrity like Rihanna, and I was not sure that I believed him. He seemed smug and egotistical.

I then became aware that I had access to the lightsaber which belonged to Kylo Ren in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015). I am not sure if Kylo Ren was present, but in the dream, I knew that he had left his lightsaber there. I was not scared of him returning and finding me using the lightsaber, as he was (in my dream mind), 'a friend' of ours, not an enemy. 

I started telling someone - I cannot recall who, it may have been 'Rihanna's boyfriend/my Mum's male friend dream character' how lightsabers are made. I was telling him that they are made by Jedis. using (kyber) crystals. I was explaining that Jedi lightsabers are blue or green (or purple in the case of Mace Windu, representing his ability to use both sides of the Force, I think), while Sith lightsabers are red because they are made from synthetic crystals (unstable synth-crystals). I think that in the dream I explained this correctly. I was then excited to use Kylo Ren's lightsaber - although due to the instability of the cracked crystal used to make it, and the cross-guard, I was also scared that I might cut through my own hand if I was not careful. I started practicing wielding the lightsaber, although I do not think I was duelling with anyone. I found this to be really fun, but I was also wondering if this meant that I was now a Sith.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • My family as dream characters
  • Chocolate bars/chocolate wrappers

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was with the Pixiwoo sisters and Rihanna in this dream
  • Scenes transitioned from inside the house to a street when I went 'downstairs'
  • I had Kylo Ren's lightsaber

Day Residue
  • A few days before this video I watched a Youtube makeup tutorial from Pixiwoo - featuring Sam Chapman
  • On the day of this dream I had been teaching a university class in Contract Law - one of the cases involved chocolate wrappers (and the question of whether they were considered to be good consideration for the formation of legally enforceable contractual relations) - Chappell v Nestle Ltd [1959] UKHL 1
  • On the day of this dream I had seen an online image of Rihanna at a basketball game, sitting in the front row, drinking a beer
  • I follow numerous Star Wars themed Facebook pages - so will be exposed to Star Wars-related material on a daily basis - I can vaguely remember seeing an Adam Driver meme on the day I had this dream

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. It was such a weird dream, but my favourite part was definitely playing with Kylo Ren's lightsaber. I would actually just prefer a regular lightsaber in blue, but in the dream I was only given the option of using Kylo Ren's. When I was a small child I loved to play pretend sword fights - I would either have a plastic sword from the toyshop or my Mum would make me a temporary one from newspaper and other household items. Large parts of my young childhood were spent by myself waving a sword around. I think Kylo Ren's lightsaber - with the cross-guards - reminds me of this.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment