Wednesday 15 February 2017

Dream 779

'Cancer & Makeup Molestation'
Date: 14 February 2017
Time: 02:30 - 05:40 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream; Pre-Lucid Dream
Dream recall: Strong  recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: An Exterior - Day
I was outside with my Mum - it was not a bright sunny day, it seemed grey and dreary. My Mum told me that she had cancer and that it was terminal. I was so shocked and upset and kept asking if she had 'had a biopsy yet?' even though it was clear she had been fully diagnosed. I was asking when she would start treatment and she was telling me that there was no point. The thing which was bothering me was how cheerful and happy she seemed, as if nothing was wrong at all. We were walking on a path and it took a while for me to realise that I had not even asked her what type of cancer it was. She told me the a medical term, which I understood (in the dream - I cannot recall the words, but I think the medical term included the word 'trapezium') as 'cancer of the shoulder blade'. I was experiencing a muted or less 'strong' version of the same emotions I would feel if I had been told this news in real life - shock, fear, sadness, desperation, unfairness...etc. I asked my Mum if I may have 'predicted she had cancer in one of my dreams' - remembering (within this dream) an actual previous dream I had - see Dream 739 - 'Gifts & Chemotherapy Wigs'. This was quite a relief to me, because I think I may have been pre-lucid and aware that I was actually asking: 'is this dream a prediction of reality?'

At some point, I was in my Nan's house. I cannot recall what happened during this scene.

Scene 2: An Interior - Time Unknown
I was then sitting on a blanket on the floor, surrounded by makeup and cosmetics. In front of me, also sitting on the floor was a female dream character. She was small and had a very round face, very pale skin, straight black shoulder-length hair with a fringe and light blue eyes. I was applying her makeup and aware that I was working as a makeup artist. I was putting pale blue eyeshadow on the female, the same colour as her eyes. I accidentally dropped the glass jar of blue eyeshadow I was holding and thought it had gone down my shirt, as I could feel something touching my chest. When I went to look, I saw that the female dream character was sexually assaulting me, touching my boobs under my top. I was angry and shouted at her to stop.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • My Mum as a dream scene character
  • Reference to cancer in relation to my Mum

Dreamsigns: 
  • The situation with my Mum
  • I was a makeup artist

Day Residue
  • I have recently experienced temporary shoulder pain (right shoulder) after sleeping
  • It is likely I saw references to cancer at some point prior to this dream
  • I had been reading through all the dreams uploaded on my Dream Incubation Experiment Index Page (click on title link to go to Index Page) - and saw the entry for Dream 739 - 'Gifts & Chemotherapy Wigs'
  • A couple of days before this dream I had been talking about my Dad's side of the family with SC and ML and how I first met my paternal aunt when she came over from Iran for his funeral - my Dad died of lung cancer a number of years ago
  • A couple of days ago I had been discussing how I used to be obsessed with my aunt's (medical training) anatomy books when I was a small child
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching makeup videos on Youtube and had also been applying my own makeup
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching Jenna Marbles videos on Youtube and not only watched some of her makeup-themed videos, but also one in which she discussed unwanted touching by strangers, so perhaps the themes of makeup application and physical molestation were connected in my subconscious due to this - I also watched a video where she introduced her mum, Debbie, and another where she applied makeup to her Mum. This may have resulted in my Mum being linked to these themes as well. During the video where Jenna introduces her mum, she continually pokes and prods her which her mum jokingly says she wishes Jenna would stop doing because the constant touching is annoying her

Waking Reactions: 
This dream may be related to my Dream Incubation Experiment in that it reveals a subconscious (or actually, conscious) fear - as nightmares or bad dreams often do. I see this as a Pre-Lucid Dream as it appears that I was asking my Mum whether my dreams were predicting the future, not only because I was aware that I had a previous dream about her having cancer - and seemed to be on the brink of being aware that this dream was actually a dream - about cancer. This was one of my most troublesome and negative dreams in a long time.

I have found out (now, while recording this dream) that there is a trapezium bone in the hand and a trapezius muscle in the area of the neck/spine/shoulder - so in my dream I subconsciously used an almost correct anatomical term for the relevant area of the body (shoulder blade). I have probably seen reference to the trapezius muscle and where it is located on the body while using weights machines at the gym.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment