Thursday 23 February 2017

Dream 784 (NIGHTMARE)

'Knife of Ice'
Date: 22 February 2017
Time: 18:30 - 22:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in my Nan's house, Sheringham, in my bedroom. Laying on my bed was a white male, with medium brown hair. I recognised him to be a boy from my year at high school and someone I knew in real life, but I was completely unable to recall who it was when I woke up - so it may have just been a dream character who I thought I knew in real life within the dream. I was in a new relationship with this male and I was finding it hard to believe, because I had never been attracted to him before and I was wondering what other people who knew us would think about us unexpectedly ending up together. It seemed weird to me - in the dream - that we were in a relationship and I was not sure if this was what I wanted. I laid down on the bed with him and we started to engage in some foreplay, which was enjoyable in this dream and I was assuming that we were going to have sex. 

The next thing I knew, I was in the bed by myself, laying on top of the covers. It seemed to be very light, so it may have been day time. Out of the ceiling above me, a figure started to emerge through the plaster. It was a small (child-sized) being - I think it may have been female, although it was difficult to tell because the entire being was dressed in a white lacy shroud which looked like a white outfit, with a hood. I did not see it's face and assumed it might be a ghost of some sort. Everything looked pointy and floaty at the same time. The being was holding a knife which appeared to be made from ice (and slightly resembled a unicorn's horn) and I knew that it was going to stab me to death. I was terrified and could not move from the bed - the being was lowering itself down, ready to stab me, so in fear I managed to eventually fall off the side of the bed and run out of the house.

I ran down the road, right to the bottom, where I came to The Dunstable Arms pub. It was now night. There were a number of dream characters - locals in the dream - in the car park outside the front of the pub. They were mainly male and I was pleased to see that the pub was open and busy, as I assumed that this meant someone would help me. The being was not behind me right now, but I knew it was coming for me and I was in a state of shock and panic. The men outside the pub were shouting in a jolly way and started calling out to me as I entered. I approached the bar - the room was very busy with customers. I approached the female dream character who was serving behind the bar and said: 'I need help, I'm going to be stabbed!' The barmaid laughed, as did the rest of the customers in the pub. I tried to say that it was no joke, but the female grabbed my purse and keys and threw them in a large dumpster behind the bar, meaning I could not get home and had not access to any money. I quickly realised that the people in the pub were also my enemies and were trying to make things impossible for me to escape or reach safety, which is why they took my purse and keys from me. I was now even more scared.

I left the pub and went back up the road. I was joined by DL and I was telling him that we needed to find a place of safety because the being was coming for me. I then saw the being, and as soon as I looked in it's direction saw that it also saw me. It seemed to be floating above the pavement (we were on the road just a short distance from my Nan's house) and was always holding the knife above it's head, ready to bring it down to stab. I told DL that we should hide in the telephone box which is a short distance from my Nan's house, on the side of the road where there is a bus stop (and behind this, the woods). We went into the phone box. Suddenly, the being's arm - with the ice knife - was coming through the metal roof of the phone box. I screamed and DL and I got out of the phone box, and climbed down the small bank onto the path which runs adjacent to the roadside and the forest (known as 'the woods path') - this is runs opposite my Nan's house (see Google Maps images, below). On the woods path, there was a group of young people - they all seemed to glow a very light colour in a strange way (it did not seem strange in the dream however, only on waking recall). There were about 4 of them, both male and female, with backpacks. These young people were 'on a visit' and suddenly I realised that in order to save ourselves (DL and I) from being stabbed by the being, we could transfer it onto these new victims. This seemed to be possible somehow. I then noticed a very bright, low-flying flashlight above us, illuminating the area. I realised that this was a police helicopter flying very low and the searchlight was intended to find us - the police were also working on the side of the being. This was incredibly scary, but I told DL that we should get back into the phone box, because the police helicopter searchlight could not see through the metal top of the phone box or see through the glass sides. We got into the phone box and started discussing how we could transfer the being onto the new victims, who were just walking past the phone box at this moment. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • I have had previous dreams where I have been pursued by an enemy, intending to stab me with a knife - most of which have taken place in the exact same location - the road on which my Nan lives

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was in a relationship with a dream character who was supposedly someone I went to high school with
  • The nightmare being with the ice knife
  • The persecution by the local community/police in Sheringham

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream I had been reading Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting (1993) and in particular the chapter where Mark Renton is going through cold turkey and hallucinates that the dead baby Dawn, who died of cot death due to the negligence of the heroin addicts supposedly caring for her, is crawling on the ceiling of his childhood bedroom (in his parent's home) while he is laying in the bed below
  • I seem to recall having a random memory of being in The Dunstable Arms pub - or someone in real life referring to an event/incident in the pub while I was falling asleep
  • On the day of this dream I had been telling SC that when I was a young child my Nan would go to the phone box across the road to make a phone call, rather than run up a charge on the landline in the house
  • I had been discussing 'crime' and my lack of fear for authority with SC and ML the day of this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a girl I went to school with in Sheringham write a Facebook status about being chased by a drone
  • On the day of this dream I had seen an online discussion about horror movies, which included references to Ring (1998) and the US remake, The Ring (2002) - this movie involves passing the 'curse' onto another victim before 7 days is up to prevent the Sadako/Samara from coming to kill. The person subject to the curse is notified by a phone call

Waking Reactions: 
This was a horrible nightmare, although looking back on it, it doesn't seem quite as scary in content, something which is common with nightmares. I just felt so helpless and persecute in this dream. It is odd that the majority of my persecution/stabbing dreams involve a small/short being pursuing me/stabbing me on the very same stretch of road/area of town in Sheringham. It is usually on the road where my Nan lives or at the very bottom of that road, near The Dunstable Arms pub, where my Mum used to work when I was a child (her friends were the owners of that pub at the time). I wonder what the significance of this is. I used to live in this house - throughout the majority of my childhood and for a period as an adult, but cannot recall any real life memory where I have been followed/pursued by anyone or felt in danger. It is a very quiet community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment