Tuesday 28 October 2014

Dream 288

'Clearing Out a Room'
Dream date: 27 October 2014
I was at my nan's house in Sheringham. Various family members, including my mum were present. I think my cousin HM was also there. In real-life my nan has a brick shed which is in the back garden, with the entrance opposite the back door (the door from the kitchen into back garden) separated by a small covered, concrete porch area. In the dream, I was in a room which was a composite of the brick shed (where we used to store coal for the fire before the council put in gas heating), the kitchen and my bedroom. This room was very messy, with lots of possessions everywhere, spilling out of boxes and piled on the floor. I was clearing out the room so that I could use it. There was stuff everywhere and it was a massive task, I felt overwhelmed and bored by the job which confronted me. The floor was very dirty and needing sweeping, but I had to move stacks of items before I could start cleaning. I found a pile of drawings, writing and scribbles and recognised them as childhood stories and artwork. I looked at these items for a while, reminiscing. My mum came in the room, opened a wardrobe and removed some items of clothing. She said: 'you can't throw away my clothes because I can't buy anymore'. This is all I recall about the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment