Sunday 29 March 2015

Dream 397

'Ariel the Little (Jamaican) Mermaid'
Dream date: 28 March 2015
I was in a living-room which was quite basic with typical (traditional) furniture, such as a red lamp on a table and a red armchair. Ariel the Little Mermaid, from Disney's The Little Mermaid (1989) was sitting on the armchair. I then saw her up close. She was talking in Jamaican Patois, although I cannot recall what she said. Her belly was filled with fish spawn, which looked like red caviar. You could see the caviar through her skin because her belly was semi-transparent. The caviar was moving in a slimy, writhing way. She was twitching her tail and seemed happy.

I was then in my family home, with was a massive mansion with an estate. My parents and I were holding a huge house party, which took place both in the mansion and in the garden, which had tables and marquees and strings of fairy lights strung up. It was dusk. The house was completely messy and chaotic, because of the party, which was being attended by many of my former high school friends. I went into the garden and spoke to ET1 (from my year in school). I asked him something. Soon I was approached by a blonde female dream character - very drunk - and  accompanied by two other female dream characters (all unknown to me in real-life and not exactly known to me in the dream either - they were random guests at the party). The blonde female accused me of speaking to her boyfriend. ET1. She was very upset and angry. Instead of just telling her I had asked him an innocent question, I lied and said I had not spoken to him, but instead, his younger brother, ET2. I managed to convince her of this. Later, as I was walking into the house, I passed ET1, who tried to strike up a conversation. I avoided him, quickly making some kind of excuse to leave, so as not to anger his girlfriend unnecessarily again.

In the house I ran upstairs to my room, which was my room in my home in Norwich. In the cupboard, I found a bag, in which was a large number of clothes. Amongst the clothes was a leather purse which contained £160 which I had secretly stashed there. I felt happy that no-one had found the money and stolen it.

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been shown a Youtube video by DL which was being circulated on social media - it shows a white American female, smoking cannabis and talking in a strong Jamaican accent, with Patois English (about the virtues of cannabis). People had found the video funny because the girl was 'Ja-Faken' - she was not Jamaican or raised in Jamaica, she was putting on a pretend accent to look cool.
  • When I was a little girl I was obsessed with mermaids and The Little Mermaid was the only Disney movie I actually enjoyed. Shortly before this dream I had read an article about flaws and questionable morality in The Little Mermaid (many of which were from a feminist or racial perspective). Sebastian the Crab, Ariel's companion is Jamaican.
  • Shortly before this dream I had been watching a variety of cookery programmes, many of which had featured red or black cavier. 
  • The day before this dream I had gone to my drawer where I have a stash of money left over from Christmas presents, which I was saving until I knew what I wanted to buy. I had taken some of this money and deposited into my bank account so I could buy a festival ticket online. 

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
None of any note - I felt quite normal after I woke up, and had to really struggle to remember this dream, as it was not prominent in my mind when I awoke, and remained hazy even when I focused my mind on it. It did happen during a very short period of sleep (less than 4 hours).

* If I remember anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

* Recalled Dream Scene (29 March 2015, 20:43 hours)
I was in a house which was a composite between my nan's house in Sheringham (living-room) and my own house in Norwich (bedroom). DL was there, as were some other (unrecalled family members). I went to get a space case grinder out of a drawer. DL said: 'I kept the middle bit, but the rest is yours'. I wondered how this would work, as all separable parts (4 in total, one grinder; one crystal collector, two 'lids') are required for the grinder to be function. I found the grinder in my drawer and it looked complete and totally workable - it did not appear that the middle bit was missing. 
Memory Trigger: I saw DL in my Norwich home, holding a grinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment