Sunday 27 November 2016

Dream 731

'Wrecklys School, Chucky & Pixiwoo'
Date: 27 November 2016
Time: 07:00 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream due to someone calling me from the Facebook video call function)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in my Nan's house in Sheringham. I was aware that someone - a male dream character who I cannot recall specifically seeing in the dream, but knew was present in the house - had brought a Chucky doll. This made me feel really angry and quite scared. I was sitting on my bed in my bedroom, thinking about what I should do. I then found myself standing in front of a large shelving unit - which looked like it had pigeonholes - in the same way as my university faculty has staff/student pigeonholes for internal mail. I was then aware that the male dream character had crushed the Chucky doll, killing it, and then stuffed it back into it's cardboard box and squeezed it into one of the pigeonholes (this would have been impossible - the Chucky doll was the size shown in the Child's Play movies, so the box was slightly bigger, and came up to my hip at least. The pigeonholes were smaller than the size of a piece of A4 paper. I felt relieved that Chucky was dead, however. 

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior - Night
I was then in a domestic interior at night - this was like a bedsit. On one side was a bed, pushed up against the wall. and on the opposite side of the room was a breakfast bar/work surface, with a brightly lit kitchen behind it. The door to the room was a set of French windows. I was in the room by myself when I was joined by Nic Haste of Pixiwoo. She came in through the French Windows, wearing a white knitted outfit, which seemed to be a very low cut mini-dress with a hood. She was exposing a lot of cleavage and I thought she looked amazing. She said: 'My husband bought me this dress'. I responded with: 'I wish I had a husband who would buy me a dress like that!' Nic sat down on a bar stool which was next to the breakfast bar area. I could see a row of brightly-lit bottles (as if they were back-lit) behind her - which made the kitchen area resemble a cocktail bar. 

Nic then came over to me and handed me a set of Real Techniques makeup brushes, which I promptly dropped. They fell behind the bed, which meant I had to pull the bed out from the wall  to find them. Nic said: 'Be careful not to break them!'. On the floor under the bed were a lot of different objects, including a number of makeup brushes. I picked a handful up off the floor, and contained therein was a Real Techniques brush - broken. Nic took it off me and started to fix it. 

Scene 3: A Public Toilet - Time Unknown
I was then in a toilet stall in a public toilet, standing. The door flung open and there was a group of young adults on the other side. One of these dream characters was a young black man - who was being dragged into the toilet stall (the one I was in) by a witchy-looking white woman with grey hair and glasses. She was tall and skinny. She was shouting racist abuse at the black man and the other dream characters - who I perceived to be students (I was aware that I was in a school now), were trying to get her to let go of him. There was a lot of chaos and shouting. I wanted to defend the male from the racist woman (who was a teacher at the school). I grabbed him away from her and told her to 'fuck off'. 

Scene 4: A Classroom, Location Unknown - Day
I was then in a classroom full of dream character students - all boys. It was an all-male school, I was not there as either a teacher or student. I was there to assess whether the school was being properly sponsored. Nic Haste had been the school's official sponsor, but had to leave the position. I then realised that a friend - NB was now the new sponsor. I heard her speaking about her time studying at the school and thought to myself: 'why was she at an all-boys school and anyway, I thought she attended School X in Norfolk?' (therefore questioning the content of the dream). 

I saw that the school was called 'Wrecklys School' and it had a bad reputation. There was a lot of violence and crime there and the financial situation was bad - hence the need for sponsorship. In the classroom, I could see a chalkboard on which 'Notices' was written, as well as other words which I cannot recall. I felt uneasy in the classroom - this was a bad place. Looking through the large windows, I could see a number of trees lining a suburban street outside. 

I think there was more to this dream, which I have forgotten due to the way in which I was awoken from it. If I recall anything further, I will record it below. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Sheringham as a dream scene location
  • Classroom, school, learning institutions
  • Marriage

Dreamsigns: 
  • The Chucky doll incident
  • The scene with Nic Haste
  • I was aware that NB had attended a different school

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream - at the point at which I fell asleep - I had been watching Pixiwoo makeup videos on Youtube - and also videos uploaded on the Real Techniques channel (Sam Chapman and Nic Haste of Pixiwoo design the Real Techniques makeup brushes). Note that Nic has made a Halloween tutorial video in which she creates a Chucky doll look with makeup and a ginger wig - and just before I went to sleep I watched her do a more recent Halloween look where she transformed herself into a porcelain doll
  • A couple of days ago I had been looking under furniture for a pink pen which I wanted to use to edit my thesis chapter
  • A couple of days ago, I noticed I had broken one of my makeup brushes (one which I rarely use anyway)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was fascinating! It was so long and complex - and felt so vivid to me while I was dreaming it. It was a shame I was awoken prematurely from this dream, as I wanted to explore the Wrecklys School location more. I know I have forgotten some elements of Scene 4, but hopefully I may recall some more detail later - I did have a slightly better memory of what happened immediately upon waking. It is interesting to note that marriage is a theme which keeps recurring during this Dream Incubation Experiment; however, it may be the result of Day Residue, as I noted on my last entries. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:



No comments:

Post a Comment