Sunday 11 December 2016

Dream 739

'Gifts & Chemotherapy Wigs'
Date: 8 December 2016
Time: 23:00 - 07:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Time Unknown
The dream did not actually start at my Nan's house, but I cannot recall the first location. I was trying to get some gifts together for someone (unrecalled). I was aware that my gift was not adequate and that someone else (unrecalled) had purchased a much more expensive, luxurious gift for the same recipient. I felt our gifts were in competition. 

I then found myself standing at the dining table in the living-room of my Nan's house. On the table were the 2 gifts - the one I had bought and the one bought by the other (unrecalled) dream character which I had managed to secretly intercept. Both gifts were wrapped up in fancy pink boxes, with bows. I opened the one I had bought and found that it contained makeup items. I decided I would swap the gifts, and pretend the more expensive, luxurious one I had intercepted was actually from me. I opened it to see what was inside and found that this gift was also cosmetics - but was surprised to find that they were not actually as 'luxurious' as I had anticipated - they actually looked pretty cheap, meaning my own intended gift was indeed the better one.

My housemate SC was talking to another colleague with the same first name - SU - in a doorway. I saw SU's ginger hair very vividly. I am not sure where this short dream scene took place.

The scene changed again, but I am not sure of the location, as I could only see my Mum, with whom I was interacting. My Mum was bald, and I was aware that she was suffering from cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy. Although this sounds like a nightmarish scenario - and one which would be deeply traumatic if it happened in real life - it did not feel that negative in the dream. I gave my Mum my hair, for her to wear as a wig. I handed her my hair - in one piece, as if it were a ready-made wig. It was styled in a side braid, with a fringe/bangs - as my own hair was in real life. As my Mum adjusted my hair on her own head, I thought: 'If she still had her own blonde hair underneath, you would see it at the edges of the hairline, and it would be obvious she was wearing a black wig'. The fact she didn't have her own blonde hair, meaning my dark hair looked like it was her's was perceived as a positive thing.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Nan's House, Sheringham as a dream scene location
  • Makeup/cosmetics
  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was able to remove my hair for my Mum to wear as a wig

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing buying Christmas presents for my family, and mentioned how I often buy cosmetics for my Mum and Nan
  • A few days before this dream, DL and I had been talking about UK hip hop producers and he mentioned 'Chemo'
  • On the same day as the conversation about 'Chemo', I heard that the father of my friend was undergoing surgery to remove a tumour
  • On the night of this dream I went to bed with my hair in a side braid

Waking Reactions: 
This dream didn't really reference my Dream Incubation Experiment. As noted above, this seems like it would be a nightmarish or negative dream, but it was not perceived that way within the dream itself. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment