Monday 26 May 2014

Dream 246

'Zerze, Moon of Mars'
My mum was a surrogate mother, having a baby for an unnamed person/couple. She was discussing this with me in my nan's house in Sheringham. She was wearing a bright blue jumper, like one I own in real-life. I asked her when the baby would be born. She was sitting on the chair next to the kitchen door in my nan's living-room - everything looked fairly normal in the room. My mum told me you could digitally induce labour, using a remote control/device. I saw that this device - small and beige plastic, looking like a pager - was on the telephone shelf in the downstairs hall.

The scene changed and I was in a dimly-lit room in what might have been a pub or a restaurant/cafe. I was seated at a wooden table, drinking pineapple juice from a pint glass. It was so refreshing and delicious. A group of people entered through an open doorway behind me. One of these people was RB, a girl I knew growing up and an acquaintance. Her newborn baby was in a sling on her chest. She sat down beside me, and the other persons with her - I think they were girls I know/know of, who live locally - sat around the table. RB took my glass of pineapple juice and drank it down quickly, which annoyed me.

I then realised that one of Mars' moons was actually called 'Zerze' (pronounced Zer-zee), not 'Circe' which was a guess I had made in answer to this quiz question in real-life (I since found out Mars' moons are called Phobos and Deimos). In the dream I felt surprised that my 'real-life guess' (i.e. the one I remembered I had made on Friday 23rd May 2014 in a charity quiz in Norwich) had been so close to the actual answer, considering I had picked a mythological name at random just to complete the round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment