Friday 2 January 2015

Dream Incubation Experiment - Freudian Therapy Session Dream

I decided to embark upon a new dream incubation experiment. I will use the same methodology as last time, during my 7 Day Dream Incubation Experiment -Marilyn Monroe Dream (click on link to be taken to index page for this experiment). 

This experiment will start on 1 January 2015. It will initially last for 7 days, but may be extended for a further 7 days (so 14 days in total) depending on results after the first week.

My dream aims are: 
  • To meet Sigmund Freud
  • To undergo a Psychoanalysis Therapy Session
  • To have Freud interpret one of my dreams (his choosing, or selected at random during the dream)
  • To ask Freud to tell me something about my subconscious self
  • To become lucid in my dream (using reality checks, MILD technique, WBTB (Wake-Back-To-Bed method, visualisation of dream goals) 
  • To stabilise my dream (hand examination, verbal commands, reality checks, sense of touch) 
  • To vividly recall my dreams

Here is my dream incubation intention set out in writing:


I want to meet - and be psychoanalysed - by Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939) in my dream because of course, Freud developed a theory of dreaming, outlined in his The Interpretation of Dreams (1900) and believed dreams were the 'royal road to the unconscious' and therefore, given my interest in psychoanalysis, there could be no better dream character to ask to perform this task and shed some light onto my subconscious. 


 Below is a Youtube video I made about my new Lucid Dream Experiment - Freudian Therapy Session: 

No comments:

Post a Comment