Wednesday 20 January 2016

Dream 547

'Seafood Races'
Dream date: 18 January 2016

Day 8 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 8 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was watching a race take place - it was seafood - mussels and prawns  racing through an orange liquid, which looked like a lobster bisque (see image below). This scene continued for quite some time, but I cannot remember what happened. It was very confusing.

Scene 2: An Unknown Exterior Scene, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was then outside - although I could see nothing other than a tall brick wall. Against this wall, there was a small female child (approximately 8 years old) - she was white, with ginger hair. I had a makeup brush and I leant down to apply makeup to her face. I started to use an orange powder to fill in her eyebrows and shape them. I said: 'This won't hurt'. There was an older female dream character (unknown) standing next to us, watching. I think there was some conversation between us all, but I cannot remember.

Scene 3: My Bathroom in Norwich - Time Unknown
I was then in my own bathroom, which looked as it does in real-life. I was looking at a makeup compact in which all of the powder (I think it was blusher) had broken and cracked, causing a mess and rendering the makeup unusable. I then started to shape the makeup in my hands, forming it into a sphere. Instead of having the texture of powder, it now felt like jelly, and I was able to make it usable again, although, now the sphere of makeup was so big that I could not close the compact.

TIME: 05:30 - 09:00 hours (I woke up from this dream after having a very bad night sleep)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. 100 mg of 'dream supplement' Vitamin B6 taken
  6. 4 Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The seafood race
  • The  texture of the makeup changed

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • 3 days before this dream I watched a cooking programme on TV in which they were preparing mussels
  • The day before this dream I saw a Facebook friend upload a photograph of a bowl of seafood in a bisque soup
  • I have a can of lobster bisque soup in my food cupboard
  • My nude self-portraits have been described by my ex-boyfriend, PS as 'lobster women' because of the form and colours used. I like this description and have used it myself; I was planning to incorporate this description into a piece of textual art
  • I watch a lot of makeup tutorials online - and had been watching some on the day of this dream. One of my favourite makeup artists on Youtube (Nic Haste of Pixiwoo) has recently dyed her hair ginger and I had been admiring it. I had also been reading a makeup blog before I went to sleep
  • 3 days before this dream I had gone to buy some new paintbrushes (following a recent dream (during this experiment) - Dream 544 - in which I had recognised a need to buy some finer brushes to complete a painting). While in the art supply shop I had mentioned to DL that the small angled brushes would be perfect for shaping eyebrows (and much cheaper than a similar-shaped makeup brush)
  • The day before this dream I had been reading an online article about makeup disasters - which included a photograph of a makeup compact breaking in a makeup bag, spilling the cracked powder all over the interior and other items - in the comments section below the article, someone had described how you can use alcohol to re-form a broken powder-based makeup compact to make it useable again. I am not sure if this would work, but I have experienced the broken compact dilemma many times which is why I am not much more careful in how I carry any makeup around in my handbag

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This was such a strange dream - not so much the latter scenes, but more the first one. I cannot describe the seafood race, but it seemed like I was watching live shellfish 'running' through the bisque, competing with one another. I did not see the start of finish line and I am not sure of the context. When I was dreaming, this scene seemed to make more sense to me, but upon waking it was all very confusing and weird.

* I have definitely forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else at a later stage, I will record it below

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream appears to be related to the theme of my Dream Incubation Experiment. The symbol of the seafood is quite significant for the reasons given above (my 'lobster women' paintings) and clearly in my waking reality I had linked the buying of paintbrushes for art with an alternative use in makeup - specifically shaping eyebrows. Further, I tend to associate makeup with art as I follow a lot of makeup artists and believe that the skill of applying makeup and treating the face as a blank canvas for expression is a form of art. I would regard this as a partial success.

No comments:

Post a Comment