Saturday 15 July 2017

Dream 852

'Ewan McGregor v Pennywise the Dancing Clown'
Date: 12 July 2017
Time: 23:30 - 05:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

I can only remember one scene from this dream, which I believe may have been much longer and more complex. 

Scene 1: An Empty Warehouse - Day
I was in an empty warehouse - or at least it was a building which I assumed to be a warehouse, but in fact seemed to be partially made out of wood, like a shed only much bigger. I think it was day - there was a window in front of me - and along the walls of the warehouse, and I think it may have been sunny outside, as it was quite light inside, as if the sun was shining in the through the windows. I cannot recall anything in this warehouse, other than two chairs, in front of the window. 

At first, I thought I was sitting in one of the chairs, and was tied to the chair with a rope, holding my arms down by my sides, as if I was a kidnap victim. However, without moving, I could also 'see' the empty chair in front of me, seeming as if I was standing looking at it, while also experiencing being tied up and sitting on it. I did not see myself in third-person perspective as I often do in dreams. It was more like I was simultaneously sitting, tied up in the same chair I could see while standing in front of it.

While experiencing the sensation of standing in front of both empty chairs, I became aware that I was being held hostage and interrogated by Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT (1986) - the Tim Curry version from the TV miniseries (1990). This 'explained' why the I was tied to the chair. Pennywise was standing beside me (to the left of the me standing watching, to the right of me while I was sitting, tied to the chair) cracking silly jokes and laughing a lot while he interrogated me. I cannot recall what questions he was asking me, or what jokes he was making, but I felt very scared and wary of him and did not want to provoke or annoy him in any way as I knew he wanted to kill me eventually and I wanted to stay alive for as long as possible. I felt a weird sensation - as if I was close to a wild animal which should be safely behind bars, but which had escaped and cornered me. It seemed (in my thoughts) that Pennywise shouldn't be free to pose a risk to me - as if he were a real, live dangerous creature which should be kept in an animal enclosure in a zoo. 

One thing I recall Pennywise saying was: 'You're my next consignment', which I took me to mean - 'you are in my next set of intended victims'. This made me feel pure terror. yet in the dream the standing/watching me did not try to escape - it was as if I had no autonomy, the same as the me tied to the chair. 

As I was standing, in fear of Pennywise (who other than a lot of jokes/questions and verbal threat, did not seem to be particularly quick to attack me), I noticed that the chair next to 'mine' (so to my left as I was seated int he chair, to my right as I was standing looking at my empty chair) was occupied by another person, also tied to the chair. I was overjoyed to see that it was my favourite man ever, in the world (as regular readers of my Blog and family/friends know all too well!) - Ewan McGregor! He was wearing a khaki T-shirt with a pocket on the chest, and some baggy trousers and trainers - so casually dressed. His hair was quite messy. I felt relieved and safe now Ewan was present. I knew he would resist the interrogation by Pennywise. Ewan said to me: 'It's OK now' and then began shaking his head from side-to-side very fast. This was an 'attack' on Pennywise, who was really scared by Ewan's head shaking. Ewan saved both of our lives.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was simultaneously tied to a chair as well as standing in front of the (empty) chair, staring at it, but not seeing myself
  • I was captured and being interrogated by Pennywise the Clown
  • Ewan McGregor was present
  • Ewan McGregor 'attacked' Pennywise and 'saved our lives' by shaking his head from side-to-side very fast

Day Residue: 
  • I have been listening to an audio book of Stephen King's IT
  • I had been watching a Youtube video about mining Bitcoins, which showed a large warehouse which housed the high-powered computers for Bitcoin-mining
  • I think about and look at images of Ewan McGregor every day - I am currently watching him play brothers in Fargo (2017)

Waking Reactions: 
It was awesome to have a dream which featured both Pennywise and Ewan McGregor at the same time - even more so that Ewan saved me from Pennywise! Ewan was able to turn what I was experiencing as a strange nightmare into a very positive dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment