Sunday 6 December 2015

Dream 523

'Weird Youtube Video'
Dream date:  5 December 2015 (Day 5 of Lucid December - Second Dream During Afternoon Nap)

This is Day 5 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: Interior Scene - Time Unknown

Someone told me (I am not sure who, it was just a male voice from behind me) that I had to watch a new video which my friend, RBA had uploaded onto his Youtube channel. In real-life (and the dream) I haven't subscribed to RBA's Youtube channel, although because he is a musician, I have probably visited it before and most certainly have watched videos of his rap battles uploaded on other channels I subscribe to. I began to type his name into the search bar of Youtube, using a laptop which was just in front of me. I did not see the room I was in or anything surrounding me, but I think I was sitting on a bed. The results for my search were all wrong - the thumbnails of the videos were all of males who slightly resembled RBA, but they were either older or less attractive than him. I thought that something had gone wrong - and wondered why there were so many ugly clones of RBA online. I then noticed that I had missed a letter out of his name, as a typo. I corrected the spelling of his name, and found his channel.

The video was RBA standing in front of a mirror. He had some soap on his face and a towel wrapped around his head (even though his head is shaved, so no need to use a towel in this way). Beneath the mirror was a sink, with the hot tap turned on. There was steam in the room. RBA was buttoning up a pale blue shirt - I wondered if he was getting ready to go 'to work' (I imagined that his job - in the dream - was security guard or bouncer). I then saw that inside the shirt, was a dog - he was buttoning the shirt up over the dog, as if he was planning to carry it around like this. The dog was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed (adult size), with a very pink nose. It's fur was white and pale brown. RBA said: 'This is my 'Gone With The Wind' - I wasn't sure if he was referring to the movie, Gone with the Wind (1939), or whether this was the name of the dog. I woke up.

TIME: 18:30 - 20:30 hours (this dream took place during an afternoon nap)
LUCIDITY: NO 
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 12 (moderate-good)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - this dream took place during an afternoon nap, so no WB2B used here
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked the day before this dream

Dream Information:

  • RBA has recently got a puppy, which is a Staffy cross - however, I know from him showing me a picture of her that she is still very small and has a different coloured fur to the dog seen in the dream

Dreamsigns:
  • The dream itself was a dreamsign

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • Problems in reading/writing names
  • RBA as a dream character
  • Dog

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I have been making Youtube videos for my Tallulah La Ghash channel - to record Lucid December
  • I fell asleep watching Youtube videos - makeup tutorials
  • During this nap, I had a 'towel turban' on my head, as I had laid down after a bath/hair wash and then fallen asleep while watching makeup tutorials on Youtube
  • I love dogs, so I spend a lot of time looking at dogs and thinking about them. On the day of this dream, I had seen a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in town (with a homeless man) and had talked about the dog with DL
  • I had recently seen a photograph (see below) posted on social media which shows a man in New York, carrying his pitbull terrier (same colour as 'Gone With The Wind' in this dream) in a bag - in order to get around the rule that dogs are not permitted to travel unless they are being carried by their owners

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This was a very strange little dream - very brief. I wanted to experience more of this dream to see what would happen next!

No comments:

Post a Comment