Friday 11 December 2015

Dream 528

'My Perfect Derelict Flat'
Dream date:  10 December 2015 (Day 10 of Lucid December)

This is Day 10 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: A Family Home - Night

I was in a massive house which seemed to be a family home for my entire family. Everyone seemed to be there. The house looked a little like my uncle GC's one-story house, but it was bigger and there were lots of long brightly-lit corridors - with various members of my family standing around. I went into my cousin JC2's room - there was a big white plank of wood with black masking tape on it in place of a door. A small party of teenage boys was taking place in this room. 

I was then aware that my mum was trying to rent me a small flat. I could see what the flat looked like - it was a first floor flat above a shop on a corner. It was almost derelict, with the windows smashed in, but I did not care. I got the impression that ice cream cones were being sold from the house, but I do not know how or why I thought this, it was just a strong notion.

Scene 2: The Rental Flat, City Street - Night
I was now on the street corner with my mum, looking up at the flat which I hoped to rent. I thought it looked even more derelict than before and I knew that the interior (I could only see the exterior from street level) was even messier. I then became aware that HW, a friend from Sheringham had already rented the flat before my mum and I could put down a deposit. I was really disappointed and unhappy. My mum reassured me that the HW's tenancy would soon come to an end and we would be able to rent the flat. 

The thoughts of this flat consumed a large amount of my 'dream thoughts'. It felt very significant in the dream.

I then saw myself in the third person. I was sitting, naked, with my knees bent and my arms wrapped around them. I was seated on a wall - it was outside and it was night time still. I could see that I had a lot of very loose, flabby skin on my belly and I felt anxious. I wondered how I had got so out of shape and thought: 'When I wake up I will have to do some sit-ups' (this was either pre or semi lucidity, as it was a reference to the fact I was partially aware I was dreaming, although I was not lucid: the body consciousness felt 'real' and I accepted it as reality). I saw some sailors walk past.

TIME: 22:30 - 11:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place - no WB2B)
LUCIDITY: Pre/Semi-Lucidity
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 7 (poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • Potential REM Rebound Effect from cannabis smoked recently
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I saw myself from a third person perspective and I looked noticeably different to real-life

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • Night time (most of my dreams take place during the day)
  • Interior dream scene locations with lots of corridors and doors

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had made a comment on Facebook about hearing the ice cream man's musical van (in West Earlham, which is a residential area behind my university). It would be unusual for an ice cream van to be doing business in winter, but I have heard rumours that this is a 'front' for a local drug dealer who uses the business to facilitate his drug dealing. I have heard this off a number of separate individuals. 

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
No particular waking thoughts and emotions connected with this dream.

* I think I may have forgotten some of this dream - this dream took place on my 'first sleep' after a long period of stressful and busy wakefulness and subsequent sleep deprivation. If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment