Monday 14 December 2015

Dream 529

'Ishmail'
Dream date:  11 December 2015 (Day 11 of Lucid December)

This is Day 11 of Lucid December, where I attempt to induce as many lucid dreams as possible using various induction techniques, described below.

Scene 1: A Classroom in my University - Day

I was marking assignments for the students I teach at university. There was one paper submitted by a (dream character, not a real-life student) called 'Ishmail' and I was trying to use Ishmail's paper as the 'benchmark' for the perfect piece of coursework. I was sitting at a table, where all my students were seated in a circle. I was telling them: 'I'm normalising your grades to the standard of Ishmail's' but I felt confused. I was looking at the assignments and shuffling them about on the desk. 

TIME: 02:00 - 08:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place - no WB2B)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: 
  • Cognitive induction techniques, adapted from the MILD Technique & Tholey's Combined Technique to induce a DILD (Dream-Initiate/Induced Lucid Dream) - critical reflection (in conjunction with reality checking - see below); intention; auto-suggestion; affirmations before sleep and during WB2B - 10 minutes prior to sleep; 10 minutes during WB2B 
  • Reality checks (target: 15 - 20 a day); actual: 7 (poor)
  • Wake Back to Bed Method (WB2B) - sleep for approximately 5 - 6 hours (to attain all necessary deep sleep; or where sleep deprived, wake naturally without an alarm), wake for 10 - 15 minutes; perform cognitive techniques; sleep for a further 45 - 90 minutes, during which I will hopefully be in the 'best' REM stage of the sleep cycle for lucid dreaming - no WB2B performed
  • 100 mg of 'lucid dream supplement' Vitamin B6 (2 x 50 mg pills, taken at midday and just before sleep)

Dream Information:

  • 'Ishmael' is a religious figure - the first son of Abraham according to Christianity, Islam and Judaism

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note - other that I don't have a student called Ishmail in any of the classes I teach

Recurrent Dream Themes
  • Being at work in my teaching job at university

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been marking my student's coursework just before I went to sleep and was due to teach the next day.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
No particular waking thoughts and emotions connected with this dream.

* I think I may have forgotten some of this dream. If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment