Monday 29 February 2016

Dream 571

'Making a Lava Lamp'
Dream date: 27 February 2016

Scene 1: Interior, Location Unknown - Day
I was in a house - it felt like my house in the dream and various members of my family - my Mum in particular - were present throughout the dream. I cannot recall the context, but I was making a lava lamp for someone (a female dream character, who I cannot recall). I was putting a blue substance in some oil, hoping it would work when I 'switched it on'. After some time, I was finished, and I turned the lamp on. I was pleased to see that it worked just as a lava lamp should. I wondered if I could add some purple 'lava' to the lamp and also was confused as to what substance I had actually used to create it. I had been anxious I had made it wrong and it would be dangerous to turn it on, but then relieved to find that everything was in fact working fine and completely safe. I then was looking at the top part of the lamp's casing and saw there were some small animals carved out of wood, which I wanted to replicate/clone. I decided that I wanted to clone the rabbit and a bird in particular, so I used my finger like a computer cursor to point at the small carved animal figures, and this allowed me to clone more. I decided that I wanted to keep the lava lamp for myself, but my Mum said I was obliged to give it to the person I had designed it for.

There was a scene where I was going something in the garden of this house. I felt happy and peaceful and enjoyed being in the garden. I think I was collecting/gathering something from near/under the hedgerows, although I cannot quite remember. I may have had a basket with me. or a box/container of some kind.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 00:30 - 09:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I was performing in an auditorium

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • I had been watching a home interior design show recently and this inspired me to play Sims 3  so that I could design a house for my sims. In game, you can use a clone tool to copy an item or a pattern. I had put a carved wooden rabbit sculpture and some decorative lamps in my sims' home
  • The day of this dream I had been discussing AD's family's electrical business with him and DL
  • The day of this dream AD and I had been discussing how the storm troopers/Clone Army in the Star Wars movies had been cloned from a bounty hunter, 'Jango Fett'

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I quite enjoyed this dream even though nothing exciting happened in the parts I have been able to remember. The strongest feeling linked to this dream was how desperate I was to keep the lava lamp I had made rather than giving it away.

* I have forgotten some parts of this dream, but if I remember anything else I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment