Wednesday 23 August 2017

Dream 864

'This is a National Front Pub'
Date: 15 August 2017
Time: 02:45 - 11:00
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Day
I was with TMP - a boy who I had a crush on in primary/high school who went on to become a boxer (I am not sure what he is doing now). In the dream I was surprised to see him, as in real life I have not seen him since we left high school. I was happy because TMP fancied me and we were getting on well. I think the dream started in a house, although I am not sure. 

At some point we were outside, beside a brick wall. It was a sunny day. My friend from university, AT was present. TMP punched AT, killing him instantly. Even though I knew this was 'murder' in the dream, AT was able to get up off the floor and appeared too still be alive. I was worried in case TMP would be arrested for the 'murder' of AT and that I would be implicated as an accessory as I had stood by and watched, without stopping TMP. I started speaking to AT, threatening him not to tell the police about TMP murdering him. I said that I had a chance of having sex with TMP and him getting arrested because AT 'snitched' would ruin my plans. I put so much pressure on AT that he agreed he would not report TMP to the police. This made me feel relieved and I told TMP. 

AT went into a traditional-looking pub, which was full of people from my local area and in particular, my hometown - especially people TMP and I had been at school with. I specifically recall seeing SH in the pub. While TMP and I stood at the bar, the dream characters (peers from high school) came over and started questioning us as to why we were there. They said that we were not welcome as this was a 'National Front Pub' (ie extreme right-wing, neo-fascist). TMP and I started arguing with the dream characters, telling them that we had followed AT inside and that we were here because everyone else we knew were drinking here. Confused as to why everyone we knew were in a fascist pub, we quickly left.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Dream characters who are people I went to primary school/high school with or who live in my hometown 

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was involved with TMP
  • I tried to convince my friend AT not to press charges against TMP for 'murdering' him, even though he was still alive
  • The National Front Pub

Day Residue: 

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was weird, as I prioritised a sexual encounter with a high school crush over my friendship with AT. Also the reference to the National Front was odd - I assume it is because I perceive my hometown to be a very right-wing, conservative area and this makes me feel alienated from it and the views of many people who I grew up around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment