Wednesday 23 August 2017

Dream 866

'Abusive Boss'
Date: 20 August 2017
Time: 03:45 - 12:30
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: Law Firm Office/Nightclub - Time Unknown
I was back working for a former boss in the law firm in which I used to be employed. I was aware that I had previously left this job because I had been unable to cope with working for the boss, IF, who was hugely problematic for a number of reasons I will not discuss here. I was sitting at my desk. There was another dream character with me - a short, petite young woman who may have been mixed-race. In the dream she was my friend and ally against IF. 

Suddenly, my friend, IF and I were in a nightclub. There was another woman present. In the dream my friend and I were aware that this woman was unattractive. My waking mind recalls her as being 'frumpy'. She had very short reddish-brown hair and large glasses. Her skin was very pale and she was tall and skinny and appeared to be in her 30s or 40s. IF was screaming: 'You fucking fat bitch!' at this woman over and over again while we were sat in the nightclub. He tried to encourage me and my friend to join in abusing this woman, and we were shocked by IF's behaviour. 

There was some lapse of time - I am not sure how long, but it seemed to be considerable. I am also not sure what the next dream location was. My friend and I then became aware that IF was dating the ugly woman and she had moved into his house. She would also be managing us in the workplace. My friend and I started to argue with IF, asking him why he was dating someone he did not respect or find attractive and why he would place this woman in charge of us. IF was laughing. He kept referring to his new girlfriend as 'the fat bitch' (she was not in any way fat - she was skinny, as mentioned before), but refusing to listen to us. The woman came over and started goading my friend and I. 

Scene 2: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Night
My friend (the same one from Scene 1) and I were in my Nan's house. I was standing at the top of the stairs, on the landing and my friend was halfway down. It was very dark - it was only just possible to see as there were no lights on. I was aware that my friend had a young daughter - of about 2 - 3 years of age, who was alone at her own house - I saw a mental image of the little girl standing up in her cot, crying for her mother. I asked my friend about it and she said that she had 'abandoned' her child and would be giving her up for adoption. I was pretty shocked about this - and asked her why she had left her child alone in her home. My friend said that she did not want her child anymore and IF had told her to do this. I felt anxious about the welfare of this child and the fact that my friend was making such as strange decision. My friend was trying to convince me to get ready to go to a nightclub.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Nan's house as a dream scene location
  • Something negative happening to a small child

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was still working for my former boss

Day Residue: 
  • I had been watching Gordon Ramsay on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen - screaming insults at people, including referring to women as 'bitches' and overweight people as 'fat'. I think in my mind I associated him with a former boss, IF
  • I had seen a post online about baby twins which had led to dozens of people commenting about whether the mother had left her babies unattended
  • I had read a number of recent online articles about abandoned babies
  • My PhD thesis is on children's rights and welfare

Waking Reactions: 
This dream felt really frustrating at the time and I disliked it. I woke up with a strong association between having been watching Gordon Ramsay on the internet and thoughts of my former boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment