Tuesday 9 June 2015

Dream 451

'AWB Slut-Shames Me'
Dream date: 6 June 2015
I cannot recall many aspects of this dream, because I was sleeping in a tent at a festival and had smoked a lot of cannabis that day, so no doubt my sleep/dreaming was incredibly disturbed.

I looked in a mirror in some public toilets. I had a new wrinkle on my forehead, between my eyebrows. I looked at it closely. My skin was much more brown and tan than usual - as if I had been sunbathing. The wrinkle was no longer there.

AWB was making me wear a purple sash which said: 'I'm a Slut' on it in big white letters. I hated her for making it possible for other people to judge me on a superficial basis.

TIME: 01:30 - 08:45 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: Throughout the day I smoked cannabis and drank alcohol.

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been in the sun earlier that day and getting a tan on my exposed skin was unavoidable. A couple of days before this dream, I had a conversation with my housemate in which I said I did not want to sunbathe ever again as it ages the skin and causes wrinkles.
  • I 'met' AWB at the festival I was at - and I had to repeatedly see her throughout the duration. To explain - she and I dislike one another because my ex had gone on a couple of dates with her and she decided to block me on social media and speak badly about me to him, despite me (a) never interacting directly with her; and (b) not knowing anything about her other than her appearance and the fact she is part of the same 'scene' with mutual friends. We never spoke the whole weekend, but I noticed her bad-mouthing me (she made it pretty obvious), even though she was with her new boyfriend and I wasn't even trying to draw her attention. I actually had to suppress my confrontational side and allow her to have her 'moments'. I didn't even retaliate because it was essential (to me) that I preserve my dignity and moral high-ground. Plus, if I had decided to bring heat to her, it wouldn't have been in the form of childish rumour-mongering; pushing into the chair she was sitting on to make a futile 'point'; or generally acting in an immature way without actually addressing a real grievance. At one point she 'accidentally' said 'Hi' to me in a dark tent, and then realised her error when she recognised me, which was pretty funny because she was clearly annoyed by her slip-up!

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
None of note

* I am not sure if there was any other parts of this dream not recalled/recorded and I very much doubt that I will remember any more of this dream at a later stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment