Sunday 14 June 2015

Dream 453

'My Favourite Word is 'Gloom''
Dream date: 10 June 2015
I was with my first ever boyfriend, MS (from when I was 13 years old). We were in a school hall and there were desks laid out in rows - for examinations. The school hall reminded me of the one in our former high school, but also Congregation Hall at my university (where my ex also studied, although I was not in contact with him when he attended). Congregation Hall is used for exams and graduation ceremonies. 

MS approached one of the desks in the row closest to the wall/door we were standing beside (all desks/seats were unoccupied, exam papers were on the desk) and touched something on the surface. He then told me to leave with him. I was unsure if we should leave, as I thought we should stay and do the exam (I am not sure what subject we were being examined on). MS convinced me that there was no need to stay and do the exam and we left.

I cannot remember exactly what happened next. I do recall looking at my Facebook profile and noticing I had over 900 friends now (I have 886 currently in real-life). 

MS and I were then walking down the grassy bank at the small outside auditorium (in front of the Music Block entrance) which has a short passageway which leads directly to my house (it takes seconds to get from the Music Block to my house as they are adjacent). It was dark - dusky - and MS was walking slightly in front of me. He turned around and asked what my favourite word was and I didn't know what the answer was, so I said: 'Gloom'. I noted (within the dream itself) that this was a strange answer. 

I enjoyed being in MS's company - he was the adult version of himself, but possessed the looks/qualities I knew him to have as a teenager.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 00:15 - 10:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: I smoked cannabis shortly before I went to sleep

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Being enrolled on a course of study at a learning institution and either failing or not participating in assignments or exams

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had told my housemate that I missed having formal exams at university as I find the pressure of revising towards a deadline an effective motivator and I am someone who finds exams much easier than long-term research where there are fewer deadlines or opportunities for assessment - I am a lazy and unmotivated research student!
  • Shortly before this dream I noticed that one of my colleagues at university is 'friends' with my first ever ex-boyfriend on Facebook. I also mentioned this ex-boyfriend in a recent conversation where I was describing how I first started smoking cannabis at 13 years old.
  • Shortly before this dream I had posted a picture (below) on my Facebook which read 'June Gloom' which is supposedly one of the most beautiful-sounding word combinations. I really liked the phrase and the image used to illustrate it.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream amused me because my favourite word isn't 'gloom' at all - and the dream was clearly influenced by the online picture I had posted on my Facebook shortly before. However, I now no longer can choose my favourite word, so 'gloom' has become my default favourite word! 

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but I will record anything I remember at a later stage, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment