Monday 22 June 2015

Dream 456

'Rap Battles with a Ginger Guy'
Dream date: 19 June 2015
I was in an environment which looked like a bar/pub, although not one known to me in real-life. There was one room which had a bar in the far corner. The pub was filled with dream character customers, and I was with two people, one who I cannot remember, and the other being my mum. It was night. I was about to take part in a freestyle rap battle, having one an earlier round against a male opponent (a 'dream memory', not shown in the actual dream narrative). My mum was encouraging me to perform well in the battle. I decided I needed to drink some alcohol and smoke some weed before the battle to get me in the right frame of mind. 

I then noticed that when I was standing at the bar to get drinks, this part of the building was actually outside, as if the room was only three-sided. I was standing at the bar, which also had a police tape cordon in front of it, meaning I had to lean over to reach the bar to get my drink. I started to roll a joint, and suddenly, was apprehended by a young male police officer, who was standing behind the bar. He told me to hand over the cannabis, which was mixed with tobacco and placed in an open king-size Rizla, ready to be rolled. I said: 'It's not cannabis, it's dried fish which I brought from home'. The police officer examined the rizla with cannabis in it, sniffed it, and stated that he did not believe me and this was clearly cannabis. He said he would need to search me to see if I had any more on my person. I said that I needed to quickly go and do something around the corner of the building and would return shortly for the search. I then ran around the side of the building, which had some flowerpots/planters lined up against the wall. I removed a baggie of cannabis from my pocket and hid it in the flowerpot. I then realised I had more cannabis in my bedroom, so I ran up some stairs (which were on the exterior of the building) and entered a 'bedroom' (it did not look like my actual real-life bedroom, but I only saw a small portion of the room and it was dark). I went over to a bookcase and removed a book. Inside the pages of the book, I had stashed some more cannabis. I replaced the book on the shelf, content that it was well-hidden. 

I returned downstairs and walked back round to the bar and the police officer, who was still standing in the same place, amongst a crowd of people, drinking and waiting for the rap battle to take place. The police officer said: 'It's obvious you don't have anything else on you' and handed me back the unrolled joint. I felt really pleased to have got away with an offence and to have my cannabis returned to me, so I rolled the joint and started smoking it. I felt stoned within the dream - the effects of cannabis were realistic.

It was then time for the rap battle. I went back inside the building, which now looked like it had 4 walls and was an enclosed space again. The battle was taking place behind the bar (so I saw the fourth wall clearly). My opponent looked a lot like Napoleon Dynamite, but with bigger, frizzier hair. I wanted to remember the name 'Napoleon Dynamite' so I could work out a rhyming line to include in the battle. I turned to my mum and said: 'What's the name of the movie character he looks like?' but she didn't know. It is strange because within the dream I both thought he looked like Napoleon Dynamite (and I think the name appeared in my dream thoughts), but I couldn't actually 'remember' it within the action of the dream. I started the rap battle (although I cannot recall all of my bars). I know I had some multi-syllabic rhymes which within the dream itself surprised me as to my skill at thinking of them spontaneously. I also used the word 'comet' and had a rhyme scheme which worked around this. I won the battle with the following line:

'Your only claim to fame is you look like Max Branning before he went bald'. 

The crowd loved me and my opponent backed down through nerves. 

TIME: 00:50 - 11:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: I smoked cannabis the day before I had this dream

Dream Information:


Dreamsigns:
  • The pub was partially outside when I went to the bar, although previously I thought there were 4 walls making an enclosed space until I went to buy a drink (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form)
  • It is impossible that I would try and lie to the police that cannabis is dried fish. I have been apprehended by police for possession of cannabis before and if I have no other choice in the matter, I just admit it because I am not scared of being cautioned/convicted of this minor offence (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action)
  • A male police officer cannot search a female suspect (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • The police officer would never have allowed me to walk away while questioning me on suspicion of possession of drugs (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action)
  • My bedroom was 'upstairs' - above the bar (C - Context)
  • The police officer assumed I had nothing on me without checking and handed back the cannabis (A - Action)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Freestyle rap battles
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I had been practicing freestyle raps while taking a walk around the lake. I had also discussed rap battles. When freestyling I know I used the line (rap lyrics being known as 'bars') 'I'm dynamite when I hit mics'.
  • The day before this dream I was having a conversation with RBA about being stopped by the police on suspicion of smoking weed and them being unable to search me because they were male officers.
  • The day before this dream I was having a conversation with RBA about being stopped by the police on suspicion of smoking weed and them being unable to search me because they were male officers.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I LOVED this dream, because I was able to get stoned, I had fooled the police and I won a freestyle rap battle. I woke up in a very positive mood from this dream! I was also surprised at my skill in freestyle rapping - I am OK in real-life because I have a passion for hip hop, rhymes and the art of battling/freestyle performances - but in the dream, I was on fire!

* I have remembered a large extent of this dream, but if I recall anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment