Sunday 26 July 2015

Dream 461

'Sudoku Puzzles'
Dream date: 23 June 2015
I was with CC and I had to select one from a number of square grey objects, which may have been boxes. 

I was then in a dark room - which may have been a cellar or warehouse. A group of (unidentified/unknown) dream characters were seated in a circle. These dream characters were cool 'hipster' types. My mum was present. She was telling me that she had bought me some Sudoku books. I wondered why she had done this, as I have dyscalculia (number dyslexia) - and although I have taught myself how to do Sudoku puzzles, I have to make a lot of notes (I have to copy out the grid and mark the 'impossible' numbers at the top of each square, before working out what the possible answers for each square are using actual visualisations  of the numbers, rather than mental calculations. This takes me more than double the time a competent person would need for a simple puzzle). I then saw that Pewdiepie was one of the 'hipsters' and I was in a relationship with him. I was very pleased about this and felt proud, but distracted by the idea of having to do Sudoku. There was some conversations with my mum, Pewdiepie and the hipster dream characters.

I was then tasked with getting a pink mousse (a dessert) from a location elsewhere. This involved my leaving the dark cellar/warehouse building by going down or up a big case of concrete steps. I was also in the process of scoring some cannabis at the same time. I bought the pink dessert from a young female dream character (with shoulder-length black hair) in a (basic looking - I only saw the counter) shop. It cost me £40. I think I also bought cannabis from the same shop, but I cannot specifically remember buying it from the female shop assistant, only the fact I later had some in my possession. The pink dessert was in a ring (doughnut) shape - so a circle with a hole in the middle. It was in a clear plastic moulded package. As I returned to the cellar/warehouse, I was aware that I had been 'ripped off' with the price - the dessert was only worth £3, not £40. I then tried to calculate if the £40 also included the price of my cannabis - but could not do the basic maths at all. Everything seemed confusing and I was angry that I could not perform mental arithmetic to work out if I had been defrauded by the shop assistant. I had a mental image (this may have been a 'thought' rather than me actually seeing this happen) of the female shop assistant laughing at my misfortune. 

In the cellar/warehouse, there was a Topshop sale - it was made up exclusively of popular vintage pieces which had been relaunched. I started to browse the rails of garments, all of which were very over-priced. I then found a leopard print faux fur jacket which I really liked. I looked at the price tag and saw that it cost £17. I was surprised, as all the other items were over £100. I then looked closely at the handwritten price tag and noticed the jacket was actually £514, but the numbers had been written very badly which is why I had misread it (the '5' was almost joined to the '£' sign). I kept reading and re-reading the price tag, but it now very clearly said '£514'. I wondered how I was able to see and read these numbers in the dream state - they were now very easy to read.

There were other parts of this dream which included:

  • Laundry (white garments/sheets) flapping on a washing line
  • EB - and some kind of 'race' or sporting activity
  • A violin

TIME: 00:30 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: Pre-Lucid - I questioned how I was able to read numbers in a dream state, without becoming fully lucid
SPECIAL NOTES: I smoked cannabis shortly before this dream

Dream Information:
  • CC is a mature woman who is friends with my mum
  • Pewdiepie is a very popular and successful Youtuber
  • EB is my former male best friend who I had to 'cut off' because of his behaviour which was causing me more hassle than his continued friendship was worth

Dreamsigns:
  • I was in a relationship with Pewdiepie (C - Context)
  • I could not perform basic maths (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action)
  • I wondered how I was able to read numbers in the dream state (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I watched an episode of The Ricky Gervais Show in which Karl Pilkington mentioned Sudoku and then made penis jokes about it - referring to it as 'Suck-cock-o' (Ricky Gervais refers to it as 'Suck-dick-o')
  • The day of this dream I had watched the final episode of Celebrity Masterchef, where the winning contestant, Kimberly Wyatt made a bright pink (rhubarb) mousse in a glass
  • The day before this dream I had read an article which stated that Topshop was relaunching a number of 'vintage' favourites across all of it's previous fashion lines - some of these garments were reasonably priced and others were much more expensive - several hundred pounds each
  • Shortly before I went to sleep I watched an episode of Peep Show in which Jeremy buys Mark a violin using a credit card stolen from Mark's boss, Johnson

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was quite banal to me - not exciting or interesting. I had no specific waking thoughts or emotions.

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment