Saturday 13 August 2016

Dream 674

'My Boyfriend, Pete Doherty'
Date: 11 August 2016
Time: 21:00 - 04:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm which had been left set for this time by accident)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior - Time Unknown
I was in a domestic interior which I did not identify - it may have been my Nan's house in Sheringham. Everything about the scene was blue - the light was blue and this is my main memory about my location. 

I was with Pete Doherty and in the dream - like real life - he was a junkie. He was addicted to heroin and crack. I was being forced into a relationship with Pete, but I wasn't happy, because I thought the amount of drugs he was taking was dangerous and I did not want to be associated with that kind of lifestyle. I was aware that my cousin HM was also dating someone who was a drug addict and I was worried that she might be attempted to take drugs too. 

I then saw a table with many different random personal items scattered across it - I cannot recall what these items were, but in the dream I recognised them to have come from my Mum's handbag. I assumed Pete was trying to steal from my Mum, so I asked him what he was doing with her belongings. Pete told me that my Mum had given him permission to touch/take the items, but I did not believe him and told him to put them back in the bag and leave them alone. He did what I asked. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was dating Pete Doherty

Day Residue: 
  • None of note - but it seems relevant that Pete Doherty has a strong military background (his father was a Major in the Army - same regiment as HM's stepfather and maybe also her husband; and Pete's mother was a military nurse). He grew up in Army barracks. Therefore his childhood was similar to HM's upbringing and adult life, which may have led to them being linked in my dream

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment and did not involve any references - explicit or symbolic - to  Eminem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment