Wednesday 17 August 2016

Dream 679 (NIGHTMARE)

'Warehouse Horror'
Date: 16 August 2016
Time: 20:30 - 00:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally) 
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I was looking at the top of my own head, in third-person perspective. I noticed that my hair was a purply-red (plum) colour and a much silkier, straighter texture than usual (my normal hair is wiry, thick and black). I realised that the black dye I used (in real life) to cover the red/plum dye I had previously used, had faded and now all of my hair was this plum colour and much lighter than it had ever been. I wondered if I should re-dye it black or use some sort of dye remover to restore the colour to my usual darkest brown/black colour as I did not like the plum. 

I then walked over to a desk - now in first-person perspective. I was in a well-lit room which had a yellowish light. The only thing I could see was a desk, which I sat at. I had to do an assignment, which involved marking lines (using a pencil) on fuzzy black and white photographs of cloudy skies - this task had something to do with airplanes and was important, but I did not want to do it. Something felt very scary about what I was doing - as if someone was forcing me to do it. 

Scene 2: A Large Warehouse - Time Unknown
I 'woke up' on the floor of a large empty warehouse. There was another person in the room with me - a female (I think, I am not sure) who was my friend in the dream. This dream character wore a purple scarf around their neck. Like me, they were also on the floor of the warehouse. I felt terrified, but I wasn't sure why. 

Then, a tall figure entered the warehouse - it was male, but I could not see it's face, because it wore a long black cloak with a hood which covered it's face. Other than the fact that it did not have a scythe, I would describe this figure as resembling the Grim Reaper. The man ordered my friend to stand up. My friend must have done something wrong, because the man got angry and shouted something at my friend, telling them to stand up, which they did. He then rushed over to them and started beating and kicking in the most violent way, making my friend scream out in fear and pain. I was even more terrified than before, and now felt scared for my own safety, assuming that I would be next. I wondered if this was something to do with the earlier task I had been performing at the desk. The man - who had a deep and evil sounding voice, said something about 'husband' and 'Mr and Mrs', but I am unaware of the context. When he finished beating and kicking my friend, who was now on the floor again in the crumpled heap, he summonsed a brown dog into the room and encouraged it to savage my friend - basically eat them alive. 

The man then turned his attention to me, getting me to stand up. His voice was a little less evil sounding. I thought to myself: obey him and you will be safe. He told me to spread my arms and hold them out at shoulder level at each side and stand still. I did this. He obviously approved of my submissiveness and compliance as he told me that I was doing a good job. The dog came over to me. The man said I could drop my arms, which I did. I petted the dog, which was very friendly towards me. I no longer had any feelings of fear.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Having to perform a quest or challenge of some sort

Dreamsigns: 
  • I saw myself in third-person perspective - and I had different hair
  • Scene 3 was a dreamsign

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been looking at hair dyes in the pharmacy and was wondering if I should dye my roots (I use blue-black hair dye)
  • The day before this dream I had seen a Facebook discussion about airplane emissions (or as conspiracy theorists refer to them: chem trails) - lines in the sky. I think this influenced the task I was performing in the dream
  • On the day of this dream I had written an online comment about how I grew up not fearing authority figures
  • On the day of this dream I had been telling DL about how when my friends and I misbehaved at school, I would always be labelled as the 'bad influence' by teachers, but got away with a lot of my wrongdoing because I was a good student, whereas my friends who achieved lower grades or were less naturally academic than me were seen as being more 'innocent' than me. I also referred to a (slightly Satanic) cult I had started in primary school in relation to the overtly religious (and deeply unpopular) headmistress (cannot recall her name) who replaced the headmaster in the final years of primary school. She taught our maths class and was horrified to discover that at 9/10 years of age I was already reading adult horror books - either ones I got from my Mum, or ones I bought from the horror section of my favourite secondhand book shop on Saturdays when I went there with my Nan. She particularly hated the ones with Satanic themes (being a very outspoken and preachy Christian Bible-basher type, who had a rainbow minivan with 'Jesus Loves You' painted on the side). She told my Mum my reading material was age-inappropriate, but my Mum didn't listen to her anyway and I continued to read these books, before temporarily experimenting with becoming a 'cult leader', telling a small group of my friends that I was the daughter of the devil, and even going as far as writing '666' on my scalp in red felt-tip pen and getting them to 'check' for the 'birthmark'. I think I had 4 -5 followers in my cult. All we really did was perform some silly rituals at break time, and make notes in a notebook and try to scare other kids. It was fairly innocent, as unlikely as that sounds!
  • I fell asleep while listening to Creepypasta stories on YouTube

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. This was a terrifying nightmare and I think it was directly caused by the fact that horror stories (audio) were playing on my laptop next to me when I accidentally fell asleep. However, unlike some nightmares that I have had in the past, I did not wake up with negative thoughts or fear in my mind - perhaps because the nightmare ended on a positive note - at least for me. I have to admit that I was not scared or disturbed by what happened to my friend in the dream - the main terror came from thinking the same thing might happen to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment