Tuesday 16 August 2016

Dream 678

'Pokemon Quest'
Date: 15 August 2016
Time: 09:30 - 11:45 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm) 
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

I had 2 very vivid and complex dreams, because I had a period of waking, during which I decided to get out of bed. I then realised that I was still tired and decided to get another 1.5 hours of sleep, so in effect, this was a Wake-Back-to-Bed with very successful results. This is the second dream.

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: My Current Temporary Bedroom in Norwich/The Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham  - Day
I was in my bedroom with both DL (next to me at the desk) and AD (a male friend in real life, who used to live in the same accommodation I am in now when we were both undergraduate students in 2003/4). It felt like my bedroom was an office. AD started to have a panic attack. I used a technique I learned in Mental Health First Aid training - the seagulls's wing method, where you get the person with the panic attack to watch you waving an arm slowly up and down. They then should regulate their breathing to the pace of your arm and calm down. This worked. I said to AD: 'I had a panic attack a short while ago when I was thinking about a medical procedure for women I have to go for [pause] a routine smear test. But I've never had one before. I wish someone had been able to use the seagull's wing technique to help me' (note: all of this information is true: I am scheduled for my first ever smear test on 17.08.2016 and I have a valium prescription to help with my medical phobia and panic attacks; in between waking from the first dream (see Dream 677) and then going back to sleep, I had been thinking about this smear test and had a real life panic attack - so these dream events reflected real life waking events from a very short time before). 

I then went to make AD a drink - I found myself - still in the same room, behind the bar in The Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham, where my Mum used to be the manager, and I used to work. I made him a lime cordial and soda and put a straw in it. I wondered how much a lime and soda should cost and remembered it used to cost 30p. I put it on the bar for AD. He then said he had wanted a Coke - so I handed him a can of Coke and said that I would drink the lime and soda. AD said he wanted to drink both drinks.

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior - Time Unknown
I was then in a new house, with DL and AD. This was a house belonging to someone else, although at this point, we did not know who lived here. We did know that we were on a quest to find 'Princess Daisy' from Super Mario Bros, but Daisy was actually a composite between Princess Daisy and Princess Peach. We had to save her, but when we first got to the house, we didn't know who was holding her hostage. We were standing on the second floor landing, at the top of the stairs, beside a window and a towel rail. I then realised that we were saving Princess Daisy from Dr Robotnik, although in the dream I mistakenly thought the character Dr Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik (the enemy in Sonic the Hedgehog) was from Mario. We saw him briefly on the landing - he looked like he does in Sonic, but in a human form. AD and I ran away, into a bedroom, which looked a lot like the room in my Nan's house, Sheringham which used to be my aunt, VF's room, but is now used to store my possessions. This room was dark. We saw the doors to the slatted wood wardrobe (like the one in the scene from Halloween (1978) - so the worst hiding place) were open, so we decided to hide in the pile of clothes at the bottom. We found that Princess Daisy - also in human form, but very small, like a midget - was already hiding from Dr Robotnik in this wardrobe. I suddenly realised that Robotnik was supposed to find us, and when he did, Princess Daisy would scream, and the 'Daisy Scream' would transport DL, AD and I into our 'real quest' which was a Pokemon adventure challenge. Even though this was all necessary and expected, I still felt terrified of Dr Robotnik finding AD, Princess Daisy and I in the wardrobe. 

Dr Robotnik entered the room, grabbed Princess Daisy - who screamed loudly and piercingly - and suddenly DL, AD and I were transported into the next dream scene. 

Scene 3: A Boat (Location Unknown) - Day
I was then on a boat with DL and AD - we were on our way around the 'Pokemon Map' - so, basically the boat would be transporting us around the area of game play, which were islands in the middle of an ocean. I could see one of the islands in the distance, getting closer as we approached. It was a hot sunny day, and I was enjoying myself, but still anxious about having to do this Pokemon challenge, because we were the players - like live-action players in a computer game which had been recreated in a virtual reality. On the boat were other 'teams' of Pokemon trainers who were competing - one was a pair of uniformed police officers. I shouted at them: 'Fuck the police!' but they ignored me, and DL told me to stop trying to provoke other players, because we didn't yet know who 'Team Rocket' were. I thought Dr Robotnik was part of Team Rocket, but had re-named himself 'Jackson'. 

We approached the island - which looked like Lavender Town, which scared me even more.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, as I was woken up by my alarm clock.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Having to perform a quest or challenge of some sort

Dreamsigns: 
  • My dream reflected real life events from a very short period of time before this dream took place (less than an hour)
  • The events of Scene 2 & 3 were all dreamsigns - all impossible events involving some video game characters as live-action characters

Day Residue: 
  • Less than an hour before this dream I had a panic attack, triggered by thinking about the forthcoming smear test and the notion of having to wait for the results
  • I have recently written a horror story which refers to a hand which looks like a seagull's wing - see In-Camera (clicking on this link will take you to my second Blog where you can read my fictional horror story which opens in a new window)
  • The day before this dream I had been watching the SomeOrdinaryGamers channel on YouTube - obsessively. In the videos I watched, Mutahar, the Youtuber from this channel had either referred to, or shown footage of him playing hacked versions of Mario, Sonic and Pokemon - which his viewers had sent him to play. There was an image file attached to the Mario one, which was of Princess Daisy, but made up of horror-like faces. I listed to a Creepypasta story Muta recorded, called 'Hyper Cola'
  • The day before this dream I had been playing the Lavender Town theme music from Pokemon which is surrounded by urban mythology (apparently when playing Pokemon Red or Blue on Gameboys, a number of Japanese children committed suicide after reaching the Lavender Town level - the music contained a pitch only audible to children's ears. This phenomenon is called 'Lavender Town Syndrome'). This is a very creepy piece of music (I have included a video link to it below), and many people say it makes them feel anxious, sick or depressed. However, I often really crave to listen to it - it's like I get an urge to listen to it and it really stimulates my mind
  • Due to Pokemon Go being so popular right now, I see mentions to it on social media and offline just about every single day

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. However, this was a very exciting dream to have and I was so surprised that waking events of less than an hour before and a lot of other Day Residue became interlinked in such a way to form a complex and interesting dream narrative, which was heavily influenced by gaming! 


No comments:

Post a Comment