Thursday 15 June 2017

Dream 836

'Annoying Families'
Date: 12 June 2017
Time: 21:00 - 04:15 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: My University Campus, Norwich - Time Unknown
Some students were moving into some of the halls of residences on my university campus. These were residences I was responsible for as part of the area I cover in my job with SSS. I went to the residences to greet the new students and found that some of them had moved their parents in. The parents had brought younger children - so not only were there a number of new undergraduate students, but also a number of parents and a large number of young children of varying ages, who were noisy and running around, causing chaos as people were moving into the halls, using the narrow hallways and kitchen to bring in boxes, suitcases and other possessions. I was annoyed that the parents and young children were moving in, as these were 'unauthorised guests' and were not permitted to be here. I was trying to tell the various parents that they must leave and take the young children with them, but no-one was obeying my orders, which was frustrating. 

In one of the rooms there was a TV, playing a children's TV show about an animated dog. I realised that this was  DVD which someone had started playing to entertain the children, who were still running around and screaming. The door to the room in which there was the TV/DVD player was wedged open. 

Scene 2: My Lounge, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was then in my own flat - sitting in the lounge, by the window. I was talking to someone - I am not sure who, it may have been my Nan. I was talking about cancer treatment and big pharma companies and getting angry. I was saying that big pharma and hospitals want to keep patients receiving treatment for as long as possible, which is why they use chemotherapy rather than other more effective treatments, which are not funded. This was all rather conspiracy theory in the way I was talking. 

I was then using the internet to communicate with a younger man who I was dating. I had met him on Facebook, rather than Tinder, but Facebook was now a 'dating app'. The younger man was annoying me because he was trying to control me and I was not about to let him have that much power. I could see his avatar and he was blonde, short in stature and wearing a khaki coloured T-shirt. I was not sure I fancied him anymore, as he was showing his true personality.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education/University as a dream scene location
  • Working in my current job (Student Support Services/welfare)

Dreamsigns: 
  • University halls of residence was overrun with families
  • Facebook was a dating app
  • I had a boyfriend

Day Residue: 
  • At my university we were discussing potential noise disturbance at the end of term when parents come to collect students - in relation to a matter we are dealing with at work
  • I had been discussing cancer - in my lounge (2 days before)
  • I see many debates about big pharma online
  • The NHS is a hot topic in British politics currently

Waking Reactions: 
This dream reflects a lot of Day Residue, but largely was a boring dream which I did not particularly enjoy, firstly because it was frustrating and I felt impotent in my job (Scene 1) and then because the remainder of the dream was boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment