Saturday 24 June 2017

Dream 842

'Turkey & Chicken'
Date: 22 June 2017
Time: 20:30 - 03:50 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day
I was in my Nan's house in Sheringham, sitting on the sofa. A male friend - it may have been DL (although I recall a former friend EB being present, so it may have been him) was sitting in front of me on the floor. My Nan served us both a plate of roast dinner. My friend's plate was piled high with food, while my own was half empty, with all the food pushed to one side of the plate. At first, I thought I had no potatoes on my plate, unlike my friend, and given this is my favourite part of a roast dinner, this annoyed me. I then looked again and realised I had 2 small roast potatoes. This annoyed me, as my friend had more and I wanted a large amount myself - mine was barely enough to feed a small child. There seemed to be no vegetables on the plate other than the 2 small roast potatoes. I wondered if the meat was turkey or chicken. I was disappointed to reach the conclusion that it was turkey (I hate turkey), but when I looked again, I saw I had both turkey and chicken on the plate. The chicken looked normal, but very white, while the turkey looked grainy in texture, square in shape and grey in colour. The meats were sitting in gravy. I wondered where my yorkshire puddings were, as my friend had a pile of them on his plate. I asked my Nan and she said: 'You don't like yorkshire puddings'. I argued with her about this and was very unhappy with my dinner. 

Scene 2: My House, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was in my own flat in Norwich, in the kitchen, standing beside the counter where the kettle is. I looked at the shelf where we keep the condiments and spices, and saw that a large mirror was installed there. The mirror reflected the bathroom (this would be impossible, given there is an interior door separating the lounge/kitchen from the section of the flat where the bathroom and bedrooms are, and even with the interior door wedged open, you could not have seen inside the bathroom due to the angle. In the reflection of the mirror, showing the bathroom, I could see my flatmate SC taking a shower (standing in the bath) with the shower curtain open. He was obviously naked and I felt embarrassed to see him, but wondered why he had left the bathroom door open, knowing I was home. I quickly looked away, hoping that he did not know that I had seen him, but when I looked up at the mirror again, I realised that SC was staring at me, making eye contact in the reflection of the mirror. This made me feel uncomfortable and awkward and SC looked like he felt the same way. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education

Dreamsigns: 

  • The food on my plate kept changing every time I looked at it - and the turkey looked strange
  • The mirror installed in the kitchen of my house, which reflected the interior of the bathroom
  • The behaviour of SC

Day Residue: 
  • I cooked chicken for DL (2 days before)
  • We had the glass inset to one of our interior doors replaced after SC accidentally broke the glass by letting the door slam shut in the wind

Waking Reactions: 
There is not much to say about this dream - it was not a positive dream, and I was annoyed in Scene 1 and embarrassed in Scene 2


No comments:

Post a Comment