Thursday 15 June 2017

Dream 837

'Allergic Reaction to Walnuts'
Date: 13 June 2017
Time: 22:00 - 06:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was sitting on my bed in my flat in Norwich. Everything looked how it should in real life. I was eating a healthy snack made of nuts. The inside of my mouth starting tingling and burning, so I looked at the wrapper and realised there were walnuts in the product, and that I was having a slight allergic reaction.

Scene 2: Location Unknown - Time Unknown

I saw AN - he was harassing me and trying to get my attention, pulling on my arm and urging me to talk to him. I wanted to get away from him, and was not scared, but felt very uncomfortable as he was being intrusive and not respecting my bodily autonomy. AN was wearing a blue T-shirt. His manner was joking and cheerful and he could not seem to understand why I did not want to speak to him. This felt frustrating. There was an (unknown) male dream character present, who I may have known in the dream. I was telling him I wanted AN to leave me alone and said he was harassing me. The male dream character somehow forced AN to leave me alone and go away.

Scene 3: A Room - Time Unknown

I was in a room with a dream character, who I think was female. I was standing looking in a large mirror. I was then going to test a foundation, but instead of just putting it on my face, I applied it to every part of my skin. I then looked in the mirror. I looked completely different physically - I looked like a bald shop mannequin. The foundation I applied had a luminescent quality - it glowed a metallic colour under the skin tone and made me look like I was made from plastic. Everything around me felt magical and glittery and like I was in a movie. I knew I looked different, even in the dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education

Dreamsigns: 

  • I looked like a bald shop mannequin

Day Residue: 
  • A while ago, I ate a snack bar which contained walnuts. While eating it, my mouth suddenly started to hurt - burning and tingling, everything feeling dry and sensitive. This was the first time I had ever experienced a reaction to walnuts, but I had in fact learned in an earlier conversation with ML, that you can suddenly develop a sensitivity to walnuts and it is quite common (a few months ago)
  • AN is a man I was chatting to a few years ago. I went on a single date with him after he pestered me for months to give him a chance. I found out on the date (because he let down his guard and used his real name) that AN had lied to me about his last name and that he was a local man who had a previous conviction for threats to kill in relation to an ex-partner. I knew this from working in the criminal justice system. I did not tell AN that I knew his secret, and simply told him  there was no chemistry and I was not interested in him as I had decided to 'give things another go with my ex' (a lie, but one which I thought sounded legitimate and would give him proper justification for why I didn't want to see him again. He accepted this at the time, but then kept turning up at my house (my former house on the same university campus I live now), standing outside my window, trying to get my attention. He knew where I lived, because he picked me up from my house for the date and the drove me home. On one occasion, he was knocking on my door for ages, really aggressively, a few months after the date. When I answered, I found him there with 3 of his male friends, on my doorstep. I told him this was inappropriate - to come uninvited to my address with a group of thuggish looking men on the basis of us having one unsuccessful date and him not able to deal with the fact I never wanted to speak to him or see him again. He left, but continued to stand outside my house and on a number of occasions, was on campus, shouting my name at me and attempting to get me to go over to him. On another occasion, he parked outside my house and sat in his car with his window down, while talking to a male friend in the passenger seat. As I walked by, he started talking about me in a negative way - his only issue with me is that I ignore him, which is for my own safety. One date does not give someone the privilege or right to demand your attention, and especially given the fact he lied to me about his identity to conceal his previous convictions/imprisonment for serious violence against a previous partner, I would be a fool to allow him to approach me in any way. I felt like he was stalking me. I now see him on campus all the time, to the extent I am pretty sure he has a job here. I try to avoid him at all costs, but it really aggravates me that I have to see him based on his poor behaviour. The last time I saw him, we were both in the university shop, near the milk section and I walked off before he saw me as I didn't want a confrontation or awkward encounter

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was really weird in Scene 3 - it was as if this was a movie and I was in the body of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment