Friday 27 December 2019

Dream 1044

'A Star Wars Nativity'
Date: 20 December 2019
Sleep times: Night (unknown)
Dream type: Normal
Additional: Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure (Version 2) (Day 1) - Partially successful

Scene 1
Location: Unknown
Time: Unknown
I was going to attend a Christmas Nativity play which featured the young daughter of my female friend. The daughter (aged between 8 and 10 years old) was playing the Virgin Mary. I saw a close up of the female friend's face - she looked bad-tempered and moody. This was my distinct impression. I was not keen to go and watch the nativity play as I was not at all interested in it. 
  • Both my female friend and her daughter were dream characters, not recognised as real life people. I wonder if the female friend was based on my real life childhood friend, SVF who I have known since primary school. She has a young son. I felt guilty as I had not responded to her text asking to meet up over the Christmas season. 

I then became aware that the nativity play was actually Star Wars: Episode IX - Rise of Skywalker (2019). This was the release of the new Star Wars movie. I then realised that I was going to be very disappointed by the new Star Wars movie, because it was going to be made through the medium of the nativity play.
  • I have seen a lot of negative criticism from the Star Wars fandom online - this has been even prior to the movie going into production, based on opinions of the earlier sequel trilogy film. 

I realised that my female friend's daughter - playing Mary - was the main character in this Star Wars movie (episode 9).
  • I inferred that 'Mary' represents the character of Rey from the sequel trilogies. I also link 'Mary' to 'Mary Sue' - a trope which has been applied by some of the Star Wars fandom to Rey. 
  • Possible link between nativity play and Star Wars - Anakin Skywalker as 'The Chosen One', or a 'Space Jesus', born to a woman who conceived without a father etc. 

Scene 2
Location: The Nativity Play - Backstage area
Time: Unknown
I went to the nativity play. My female friend and I were in what appeared to be the backstage area/wings. I saw a rail of costumes to one side of me, although I cannot recall what type of costumes I saw. The nativity play may have been taking place in a school, but I am not sure. There was a lot of wood - which added to the impression we were backstage.

Suddenly a female dream character (young adult at first, it appeared) dressed in almost an identical outfit to Alice in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ran from what I assume to be the stage area, towards us in the backstage area. As she ran towards me, I became strongly aware that she resembled the adoptive mother of Facebook friend (glamorous middle-aged, blonde, tanned woman with makeup and facial surgery). 
  • Link of Alice to Star Wars via Disney
  • This Facebook friend had been posting about their adoptive mother in negative tones on their status. I specifically read the status and responses. I have previously seen photographs of the adoptive mother. 
  • I am playing a Sims 3 game where identical twin girls (children) are raised by an adoptive mother.

We (everyone present, there appeared to be other dream characters who I may not have been aware of before) were approached by some dream characters (I think they were male, not well recalled) who were part of the production crew for the nativity play who desperately needed Casio calculators (see image below re what type/colour). The calculators were props for the Star Wars nativity and would represent technology of some sort (this was unclear). No-one had Casio calculators to lend to the production crew, so the nativity play was going to be cancelled, until March of the next year (indicating that this dream took place at Christmas as I was aware of a '3 month delay' within the dream). This was very disappointing.
  • Last week a friend of mine left a message in our work group chat asking if anyone could lend him a calculator for an exam. 
  • A Parole Board matter at work has been adjourned for 3 months (until March).

 A traditional Nativity scene
 Rey (aka Daisy Ridley) from Star Wars
 Disney version of Alice in Wonderland (1951)
A Casio calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment