Friday 27 December 2019

Dream 1046

'Working with Jason 'Hostep' Nash & Kylo Ren'
Date: 22 December 2019
Sleep times: 00:00 - 10:00 hours
Dream type: Normal
Additional: Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure (Version 2) (Day 3) - Partially successful

Scene 1
Location: Unknown
Time: Unknown
I was returning to somewhere familiar - I am not sure where this was - it may have been Sheringham, my hometown, but I am not sure. I didn't experience the travel itself - I ended up at my location.

Scene 2
Location: A Muddy Field
Time: Day
I was then looking at a massive expanse of flat mud, which it was possible to walk across - there were no features i.e. trees, bushes, grass or buildings. I walked across the field and suddenly approached a shop I had not been aware of before. I entered this shop, which was sweet shop, where I was due to start my first day of work. I stand in the shop on the shop floor, waiting for what felt like a pretty long time. The shop looked like a normal sweet shop. My boss/supervisor appeared - it was Jason Nash (of Vlog Squad), but in the dream his name was 'Hostep' and as he was the supervisor, he was permitted to wear a special nametag with a false/fake name on it ('Hostep' was his fake name - Jason Nash was his true identity). I did not want to be supervised by Jason Nash/Hostep. I was made to wear a work uniform, which was a red and white striped apron - very traditional looking. 

Hostep tells me I will be working behind the counter of the sweet shop. I am also told we will be having another new colleague joining us to start work, who will be arriving very soon. I am anticipating the arrival of the new colleague. He arrives - it is Kylo Ren from Star Wars (aka Adam Driver, but in the dream, he was actually Kylo Ren). He was being forced to work - he was unmotivated, unenthusiastic and lazy and was almost like a stereotype of a stoner/slacker or emo teenager/young adult. This was my strong impression of him. He was dressed in the typical Kylo Ren outfit. 

Hostep tells Kylo Ren to get dressed in his work uniform (the apron). Hostep then leaves (maybe he went out to the back of the shop?) Kylo Ren then turns to me and tells me that we are not allowed to sell gobstoppers anymore. I ask what he means and he informs me that there has been a new child protection law passed which has banned gobstoppers as they are too dangerous for children.

  • The muddy field may have been inspired by a scene in Star Wars: Episode IX - Rise of Skywalker (2019) where there is what appears to be sinking sand/quicksand.
  • I do in fact walk across a muddy field every day!
  • I had a recent conversation about sweets and the fact I do not have a sweet tooth with a friend shortly before this dream.
  • I had watched a Youtube video featuring Jason Nash going on a 'vlog date' with Tana Mongeau on the day of this dream. I had also watched a Youtube video about Nikocado Avocado - who I link with Trisha Paytas (due to a scandal they were involved in together) - Trisha Paytas is Jason Nash's ex-partner. This is the second dream I have had involving Jason Nash and a Star Wars character (see below).
  • I have a real life supervisor named Jason.
  • I had recently recorded a Wild Vlog Storytime video which featured someone ('Chad') who tried to give a false identity to me to cover up his real name after he became aware I was suspicious as to his true identity.
  • Hotep (Egyptian) - may be linked to the modern definition of the word which is used to describe 'fanatical black nationalism'. I was unaware of this broad context - I had previously (until doing my research now) associated it with a form of misogynoir from men of colour i.e. a form of toxic masculinity
  • In my Wild Vlog for this dream, I referred to the fact that the apron I was made to wear was similar to one I associate with a butcher shop in my hometown - in fact on the day of this dream I had seen a meme on Facebook, which referenced the myth of Icarus - the name of this shop is 'Icarus Hines' and when I was growing up in Sheringham, one of the neighbouring shops was a sweet shop called 'The Chocolate Box'
  • I had seen a reference to Jeffree Star's Gobstopper makeup collection (it is actually called the 'Jawbreaker' collection) shortly before this dream.
  • I had been working on my PhD which is broadly about children's rights and involves a number of cases where children are under the care and protection of social services due to being at risk of harm.
  • I have been playing a Sims 3 legacy game where some traumatised twin girls were being cared for by an abusive female guardian character.
I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

 Jason Nash
 Kylo Ren (aka Adam Driver) from Star Wars
Gobstoppers

Previous dreams:

No comments:

Post a Comment