Saturday 21 January 2017

Dream 763

'Matchmaking Ex'
Date: 20 January 2017
Time: 21:00 - 00:40 (I woke up from this dream due to a notification from Facebook Messenger from R3A)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Travelling Down a Road (Location Unknown) - Dusk
I was on some form of public transport, travelling down a road which had trees/bushes on either side and seemed to be in the countryside or suburbia. It was dusk and the sky was a deep blue colour. I could see tall buildings in the distance, and I seemed to only be partially aware of my destination. I was very concerned that I would be late and not arrive there 'on time' for whatever it was I was heading towards. This filled me with frustration and anxiety.

Scene 2: A Classroom - Time Unknown
My destination appeared to be some form of school or learning establishment and I found myself in a classroom which was bathed in a bright yellow light. I was sitting on a long wooden bench in this room - I was alone, but there were other dream characters present (students of the school, not sure if they were known to me or not). I saw there was a door in front of me, and from round the side of the open door, my ex-boyfriend from high school (my first ever boyfriend), MS (who now works at my University, although I am not in contact with him) peeped. I could see that he had his septum pierced and was wearing an intricate silver ring there. MS approached me and said that he was 'going to set me up on a date; with one of 2 male friends of his. I was not interested - I was more interested in him. I was still sitting on the bench and he was leaning over me from the side. He looked like his younger self.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Travelling down a road on public transport
  • Getting back together with an ex-boyfriend

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was interested in getting back together with an ex-boyfriend

Day Residue
  • On the day of this dream I had been writing new poetry - about my romantic and sexual life, and had thought that I should include a poem about my first ever boyfriend for completeness
  • On the day of this dream I had computer issues - my friend DC, who I usually ask for help due to the fact he has a PhD in Computer Science commented on my Facebook status - he is a colleague of MS
  • On the day of this dream I read an online article - with images - about septum piercings
  • The day before this dream I was contacted on Facebook by a male friend who was a mutual friend of MS when we were at high school (he was in the year below us)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment - unless the notion of getting back with one of my ex-boyfriends is a sign of a subconscious desire presenting itself in my dreams. There is no one ex-boyfriend who I wish to rekindle a relationship with. I am not even keen to have any kind of committed relationship. However, I am aware that I have issues with wanting to date new people who I do not already know as friends (I have always dated friends of friends, or acquaintances, so people with whom I already have some form of relationship). I had been discussing this with my housemate SC recently. My dreams about getting back together with exes may be reflecting this reluctance to meet new people and my reliance on 'familiar territory'. 

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment