Tuesday 24 January 2017

Dream 764

'Screamo Band'
Date: 21 January 2017
Time: 20:00 - 01:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Sheringham - Late Afternoon/Dusk
I was with my Uncle, GC and we were in Sheringham. I know this, because I could vaguely see the Playing Fields (it is not a 'field' - it is a small play park with basketball hoops and swings/slides/roundabouts - see images below) in the distance. It was late afternoon, almost dusk and the sky was darkening. My Uncle was building something - or working on - connected with a shed or wooden buildings. The door of the building was open wide, but I did not look inside. GC then 'shifted' the position of the building (I am not sure how he did this), so that we were now directly overlooking the Playing Fields and I could see our location properly (Cromer Road, Sheringham). There was some conversation between GC and I. 

Scene 2: A Bookshop, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was standing in a queue at a bookshop. We were lining up alongside some shelves, with a single line of books displayed on the top shelf. There were many dream characters, but I only knew the person (cannot remember who - or even their gender) in front of me, who was the person I came here with. I knew I had returned to the shop to collect a book which I had previously seen here. I started looking at the books and realised that there were many Marilyn Monroe books (which I collect in real life) - too many for me to buy. Every time I looked at the books, there was a new Marilyn one I had not seen before. I was annoyed because I wanted to buy all the books to add to my collection, but was unable to, despite the fact that the books were fairly inexpensive.

Scene 3: An Exterior (which looked like the garden of a former flat I lived in on York Street, Norwich) - Day
I was then in a garden area - it was daytime. I thought this was the garden of a former home I rented in York Street, Norwich - but at the same time, I knew that Cromer Road, Sheringham where I had just been with GC (which is 25 miles away) was just round the corner. In the garden were members of my former hardcore/screamo band (I was the only female in the band, and the lead vocalist). The other members of the band were present - SL (my ex-boyfriend); DS (who is Irish); ST and IC. We were getting ready to perform a live show, but were quite unprepared. I was dressed in a strange outfit - which involved a black skirt and mismatched shoes - one black ballerina pump-style slip on and a black biker boot. On my ankle was a strange anklet, with a large yellow rectangular shape attached to it. I thought that this might make a good stage outfit (because it was so bizarre), but at the same time, I was confused as to why I wore it and considering changing it. I walked down a short flight of concrete steps to where my band were gathered with other dream characters, some of which were my family members, including my Mum, Nan and Uncle GC - who was talking about the building project he had been doing in Scene 1. Everyone was in a good mood and we discussed my clothing and the forthcoming live show, which was due to take place that night. I was looking at my mismatched shoes and decided to change so that I was wearing a pair of matching biker boots. I was also considering getting a large pink love heart tattooed on the back of my neck - I saw an image of what this would look like if I lifted up my hair.

I then saw that DS was re-writing some of my lyrics. In the dream, he was actually Scottish, rather than Irish. He was re-writing a particular song so that it was about 'Edinburgh' (which is where he was from in the dream). The new lyrics were complex and appeared to be written in a different language, which worried me, because I had no idea how I could learn these new lyrics by the live show. I thought I would fail, but DS was telling me that it would be fine and I would do well. The lyrics were very long (much longer than a typical song) and written in pencil on a sheet of paper. The song was going to be titled 'Edinburgh' too. Everything around us appeared to be dark when DS and I were discussing the new lyrics - although the mood was still quite positive. I could see DS had an electric guitar on a shoulder strap. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Ex-boyfriend as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • My Uncle could move the landscape
  • Cromer Road, Sheringham and York Street, Norwich were located very close
  • I was with my former band members and getting ready to perform a live show that evening
  • I was wearing mismatched shoes
  • DS came from Edinburgh - and 'Scottish' was a different language

Day Residue
  • A few days before this dream I had been telling DL about a small extension my Uncle had built for my cousin JC2, which was in the garden of their family home (so he can have independence) - JC2 is a music student and musician
  • A few days before this dream I had mentioned to a friend that I had been in a screamo band while studying for my first undergraduate degree
  • The day before this dream I had been telling a friend about someone I once dated who wore an electronic tag on his ankle following parole from a prison sentence
  • I could see what a tattoo would look like on the back of my own neck
  • I had been discussing the possibility of travelling to Edinburgh for the Trainspotting 2 (2017) premiere - so that I could meet Ewan McGregor - however, I got the date wrong anyway, as it took place on 22 January 2017, rather than 27 January 2017 (which is the cinematic release date)

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure whether this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment - again it involved one of my ex-boyfriends, although there was no romantic theme to this dream. I think that I had had a desire to return to making music of some kind, which has been a conscious wish, and the dream appears to reflect that, as I felt positive about the live show we were going to perform, other than the fact that DS was changing my lyrics and making them difficult for me to learn in a short time. I guess, this was a fear of failure dream in part.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment