Friday 22 December 2017

Dream 886

'I'm Going to Have a False Awakening'
Date: 13 December 2017
Time: 23:30 - 07:00
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: A Bedroom - Night
I was in a bedroom which I have not seen before in real life. There was more than one bed in the room - I had a bed which was beside a window with (white) open curtains. My bed was just a mattress on the floor, with a pink-red blanket on it. Next to my bed was a single bed of normal height with white covers. I think this was my Mum's bed in the dream. It was time for bed and as I laid down, I was fearful that when I fell asleep I would experience sleep paralysis/a false awakening. This felt like it was a virtual certainty and I was extremely worried. However I fell asleep. 

I think that Scene 2 of this dream could be the 'dream' I had within this first-level dream, but I am not sure. 

Scene 2: My Flat, Norwich - Day
I was then in my own flat and it was daytime. I heard someone ring my doorbell and I answered the door to see that it was my friend ML, who is the partner of my former housemate, SC. ML and I had a conversation and she indicated that she was now somehow involved with KU, which surprised me, as I did not know how they could possibly know one another. The interaction at the door was semi-hostile after I found out this information. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • KU as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 

  • My Mum and I were sleeping in a strange bedroom
  • ML was involved with KU

Day Residue: 
  • A short while before this dream I had mentioned to KU that ML was his union officer. They do not know one another

Waking Reactions: 
The most interesting aspect of this dream was the fact that even in the dream I was scared about the possibility of sleep paralysis and false awakening and wanted to avoid this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment